BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-Men: Apocalypse

I have not been the biggestest fan of the X-Men films, but this one has me cautiously optimistic. If only because Storm, Jubilee and Psylocke just look so perfect.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

X-Men was good.

X-Men II was great.

X-Men III... Let us not speak of it.

First Class was awesome.

Both the Wolverine solo movies were... just horrible.

Days of Future Past was quite good, but I would have preferred if Kitty Pryde were the one doing the time travel, since A) she's the one who did it in the comics, B) Ellen Page is a wonderful actress and totally could have pulled it off, and C) I love Hugh Jackman, but I'm sooooo booooored with Wolverine. That being said, the interplay between Xavier, Magneto, and Mystique was fantastic. And it looks like the three of them will be driving the plot in Apocalypse, too, which will be good. I have high hopes.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

I liked the first one well enough, don't rmember the second and the third was really bad. Not sure I saw First Class, and I saw the first Wolverine and it was terrible. Didn't see Days of Future Past because everyone was super pissed they gave Kitty Pryde's role to Wolverine as you say, when the comic had very deliberate political elements with a Jewish superheroine going back in time to stop N*zi like treatment of mutants which were lost when the character is switched with a Canadian played by an Australian. But I'm looking forward to this one and might rewatch the others (except III) to refresh my memory.

I like how perfect everyone looks. They already nailed Mystique (hur), but Jubilee, Storm, Psylocke all look excellent and Apocalypse looks fine though something is a bit off.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Nice to see Apocalypse looking slightly less like Ivan Ooze.

And sooooooo glad whatsherface isn't Storm anymore.

She's a talented enough actress, but no Storm.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    And sooooooo glad whatsherface isn't Storm anymore.
    Halle Berry?

That's her Couldn't remember her name for the life of me.

Decent actress, rubbish Storm (though to be fair, I'm not blaming her. Bad casting, and the character was completely squandered. She's meant to be Xavier's confidante type, not a background also-ran)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

I thought the first Wolverine solo movie was good up until the ending. And then it all fell over itself trying to cram in references and "oh **** our movie makes no sense with established backstory!" and sort of ended up in a heap. But everything up until then was good. (And I suspect many people's objections to it would be lessened if that final weaponised character was named anything else. He bore no resemblance to existing character, just make something up! )
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    (And I suspect many people's objections to it would be lessened if that final weaponised character was named anything else. He bore no resemblance to existing character, just make something up! )
    Yeah, it did kind of annoy people that they took the "Merc with a Mouth" and sewed his mouth shut and gave him all kinds of weird abilities and didn't make him look right at all. Just call that mess anything else, and it wouldn't have been such a problem (though it was still a weird character).

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Yeah, it did kind of annoy people that they took the "Merc with a Mouth" and sewed his mouth shut and gave him all kinds of weird abilities and didn't make him look right at all. Just call that mess anything else, and it wouldn't have been such a problem (though it was still a weird character).
    He WISHES he could shoot eye beams like cyclops lol. The amount of anger I had at that...abomination...Cannot be quantified. The real kick in the junk was that he was pretty much spot on before the operation (or whatever, I purged my memory of the show asap after the credits) when he was in a vehicle lipping off everybody... Sewed his mouth shut...clowns....grrr..

Quote Originally Posted by Alaric View Post
    He WISHES he could shoot eye beams like cyclops lol. The amount of anger I had at that...abomination...Cannot be quantified. The real kick in the junk was that he was pretty much spot on before the operation (or whatever, I purged my memory of the show asap after the credits) when he was in a vehicle lipping off everybody... Sewed his mouth shut...clowns....grrr..
    Yeah, that's the kicker... they got the mouthy part right, and then went and screwed it up.

At least they fixed it. Finally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast