BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Removed
    Last edited by addamsfamily36; 04-19-2010 at 05:56 PM. Reason: reposted

I like challenge, and playing mech guard fits my fluff. I play a Death Korp f Krieg linebreaker squadron. Need Medusas to break down the walls, Manticores for long range bombardment, MeltaVets are the guys that ride up to a bunker and blow it open with Meltaguns, all while the inquisitors that orchestrated the attack fly around in their Vendettas, making sure everything goes to plan.

So what's that, a competitive list that's fluffy? Oh no, who would have thought of it!?

Abbess Sanctorum

I personally like to base my armies around either fluff, backgrounds, stories etc (my high elf army for example is a shadow warrior themed list)
    So why isn't a leafblower list fluffy? Why does a fluffy army have to be weak?
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    So why isn't a leafblower list fluffy? Why does a fluffy army have to be weak?
    There's nothing particularly fluffy about the leafblower list but I agree that fluffy armies don't have to be abd ones, its a myth that still hangs around even though its been disproven more than once, you can have a list that is fluffy and strong.

As's been said, most of the op is just silly.

There's no reason a list can't be fluffy or themed and competitive at the same time.

There is no moral high ground in focusing on fluff or theme over effectiveness.

Frankly, people who are incapable of having fun against lists that are far more effective than their own are far more objectionable than the people who build those more effective lists.

Abbess Sanctorum

And why isn't a leafblower list fluffy?

I've seen a Grey Knights army wipe the floor with a leafblower list, by the way... skill and luck still play a good part into it.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Quote Originally Posted by UltramarineFan View Post
    There's nothing particularly fluffy about the leafblower list but I agree that fluffy armies don't have to be abd ones, its a myth that still hangs around even though its been disproven more than once, you can have a list that is fluffy and strong.
    Why is a Mech Guard list unfluffy?
    Last edited by Dingareth; 04-14-2010 at 01:13 PM.

To be fair, he didn't say that the leafblower is unfluffy, he said that it isn't particularly fluffy.

Now, I'm not really sure what "particularly fluffy" is supposed to mean, and, really, I'm a little dubious on what "fluffy" means, in general.

I mean, if "fluffy" means, "representing something which actually appears in the fluff" then virtually no armies are fluffy. If it means, "representing something which could appear in the fluff without destroying your suspension of disbelief," then you should find every army fluffy.

Basically, though, no matter how you look at it, a leafblower guard army is extremely fluffy. It's pretty much exactly what guard do. The only thing that really stands out about it is that many of the guard companies in the fluff aren't supplied with enough armor to field an army like the leafblower. But, then, many guard companies do have that much armour--according to the fluff.

There is actually no basis at all for saying that the leafblower is unfluffy--or even that it is not particularly fluffy. It isn't indicative of all guard armies in the fluff, ever, but it is very representative of a certain (and not uncommon) set of those armies.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    To be fair, he didn't say that the leafblower is unfluffy, he said that it isn't particularly fluffy.
    Which is irrelevant to my objection.

I asked him WHY. I want him to explain himself, so that I might tear his opinions down, because I'm a ***** and that's just something I enjoy doing.

Chaplain

It's really hard for almost ANY guard army not to be fluffy ... there are trillions of guardsmen and hundreds of thousands of regiments in an imperium that spans an entire galaxy ... as long as the list is book legal, it's probably fluffy.
    http://whiskey40k.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast