BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default OMG, Warp Hunters!

I have used one Warp Hunter before, but today I brought 3 in a 2k list.
    I never used the 72" Str D, 7" Blast shot, but with the regular profile of each tank shooting d3+1 Str D Barrage, blast (-1 on the D table) it was wrecking time!
    That is 6-12 D barrage blasts/turn!
    I had one turn of shooting with over 27 3+ rolls on the D table and another turn with 23!

Expensive unit/formation at 600pts (they each had the Holo-Field upgrade), but controlled their half of the table!

Chapter-Master

Got to watch out for deep striking melta and grav though. Not every army can do it but getting close to these guys is how you get rid of them.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Got to watch out for deep striking melta and grav though. Not every army can do it but getting close to these guys is how you get rid of them.
    Well I kept my Warp Hunters fortuned (re-roll failed saves) and they all had Holo-Fields (5++). He did try and drop pod a melta unit, but it scattered just out of range! But for sure, smart deployment and unit support are key to their survival.
    I'm constantly surprised how brutal CC can be vs vehicle squadrons! A dreadnought assaulted my 3 Night Spinners and his hits are able to still hit the 3rd model that is over 10" away!