BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Captain

I still just use the normal Force Organization Chart (which is now called the Combined Arms Detachment, I suppose). In my opinion, it would be simpler to simply have the FoC and Formations. Those "detachments" and "decurions" could be re-classified as "formations". Allied FoC would remain the same, as it is an extension of the regular FoC.

Seems simple to me.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by thirdman View Post
    I'd go for a system more akin to that found in Warhammer Fantasy / Historical. Units are either HQ, Core, Support or Rare depending on the list, and there are limits on the number of points that can be spent in each type.

For example, no more than 25% of the list can come from HQ or Support, no more than 10% from Rare, and Core has to have at least 50% spent on it.

You can have different lists for each faction, where units might be Core in one variant but Support in another.
    Second ed had a similar system. It went even further with the Guard where each infantry squad allowed you to pick a "support" unit (tank, abhumans etc). Of course 2nd was notoriously unbalanced towards heroes
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12