BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Forgeworld Titans

Long have I looked at these goliaths in awe with tear in eye. They are gorgeous models, especially the Chaos renditions, but sadly are obscenely expensive. With the recent Demi-Legion post on the BOLS main page I am once again tempted to purchase one... However, I feel it best to ask over all opinion first. Should I do it?

What are your thoughts on the titan models? Are they worth the cost? Buying plastic crack is expensive enough, are these perhaps too much?
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Dude I totally want one, and my wife even said if I ever have a fully painted 40k and Fantasy army she'll buy me one.

I guess It'll always be a pipe dream.

Everyone I know who has titan(s) loves them*. I myself am working on a FW avatar to overcome my fear of resin in preperation of purchasing a bunch of Eldar titans.

*Which isn't to say they love putting the things together and painting them. Or watching their pet cat tackle them off the desk right after the varnish has finished setting.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Well....if you give it a great paintjob you can always make your money back on ebay

I love mine, I'm currently working on painting the interior, and so far it's been a reward project which has helped me improve my skill in this hobby.

I don't care if I ever use it once anymore, I'm just happy I have it.

Battle-Brother

I am a proud owner of two reaver titans.The old armorcast ones, and let me tell you.They are the centerpiece of my armies. if you buy one ,you wont regret it. By the way if you're opponent ever pulls out a leaf blower force? you can pull out your titan and utterly vaporize the opposing force!!!!!!

Proud owner of 3 reavers, a warhound, a wraithlord and an eldar scout titan, all Armorcast versions, let me tell you that this is a beauty to see exposed / deployed.
    I'm not completly sold on the FW versions even if the Chaos Reaver is growing on me lately (need more weapons options done to fully convince me to buy one).
    With all the "official" rules support written lately, it's also now very simple to use those.
    I also own a Dragons Den Armory Gaberial Knight Titan but it's too large for my taste. There are many more other versions of Knight Titans on Ebay that are of a better size to fit in 40K games.

I hope I helped a bit.

Librarian

I've been tempted to get one for a while. They're actually pretty cheap for people living in Australia.

Banned

[URL="http://collegiatitanica.blogspot.com/2009/10/divisio-mandati-igneus-angelus-and.html"]Give in to the awesomeness.[/URL]

Chaplain

How True....

The British Pound Sterling has faltered since their Elections. It's SLOWLY on the recovering end, but you can many times get a better deal purchasing them direct from Forge World.

Here in the U.S. the Dollar to Pound normally is 1:2.0 but as of late it's been hovering around 1:1.5 (Also reflected in the newest catalogs) but for a short time two years ago the Dollar to Pound was 1:1.2 and I went crazy....

Don't forget many credit cards WILL charge you a 3% International fee. But that's nothing in the larger scope of things. Get your friends together in a Forge World order, or just do it yourself. Orders over 250 Pounds get FREE EXPRESS SHIPPING! And let me tell you, it's FAST! I order on Monday and it's across the pond and at my doorstep on Wednesday!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast