BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Equipping Wulfen?

So been trying to work out how im going to be equipping the Wulfen in my footslogging Murderpack and theres a few things that strike me.

Hammer/Shield - Improves toughness and heavy hitting.
    Great Axe - Great for taking chunks out of Wraithknights etc, getting to swing twice if they charge and die.
    Frost Claws - Mass S6 Ap2 is nothing to sneeze at, Shred makes it silly.
    Grenade Launchers - Less about the shooting, i take them more for the assault grenades on the ones not wielding hammers.

I think im currently looking at...

Wulfen x5 - Hammer/Shield x2, GreatAxe x1, Claws x1, Pack Leader, Frag Launcher x3 - 236

So on a round i charge, at I5 thats 5 S8 and 13 S6, AP 2 attacks, followed by 10 Thunderhammer attacks at I1. The temptation though is not to bother with the Axe at all as S6 Shred is still pretty brutal (although lets be fair, the Axe looks cool) but overall it does add an extra attack to the pool.

Any thoughts?

Chaplain

I watched a vid on Wulfen v Scorpions which was a little irritating because I think it was rigged a little to favour the Wulfen. But anyway, all they did was kit the Wulfen out with Frost Claws (I think) with the leader equipped with something additional. As soon as assault started the scorpions were anihilated basically on volume of attacks and re-rolls.

So why go with anything else?

All Claws.

They'll pretty much slaughter anything you want them to with claws.