BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I can't believe there's a serious conversion about this crap.
    How dare you sir there's nothing more serious than 40K fluff. It makes more sense (marginally ) than the rules anyhow 😝
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Banned

Edit: This one also works:

Last edited by Gotthammer; 02-21-2016 at 07:14 AM.

I see no reason why there shouldn't be? Discussion of 40k fluff is something I enjoy, and discussing the social and biological aspects of a fictional parasitic predator race's reproduction cycle seems like a great use of my time as a thought game.

As it turns out, I don't know much about genestealer cults, so I'm mainly just reading other's comments. From what Grimmas said though, there should be female 4th gen hybrids. Especially as a Deathwatch killteam is the sort of threat to cause the entire cult to be attempting to defend the Patriarch. Would be interesting to see non-combat hybrids forced into defense as a sort of conscripts, with really basic weaponry. With GW's reluctance to make any 'civilian' models though, I feel this is unlikely unfortunately.
    Last edited by Haighus; 02-21-2016 at 07:49 AM.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    So a female 4th generation is possible within the fluff though given how the exchange of DNA would go I'm not sure it'd be entirely as effective for the Cult (they want both parties to be infected with Stealer DNA) Edit: on reflection it's not appropriate to think of 4th generation as male or female either that's not how it works. They're aliens and as such don't follow our concepts of gender. They use another spieces to breed.
    Given 4th gens are near indistinguishable from humans & can breed with them I don't think relating to them in terms of humanity is totally off limits. And even if it is, I'm calling shenanigans on the fact that they just happen to look like dudes.

Female Brood Brethren would be a thing though. However given how Genestealers operate its highly likely an female one will be spending most of their time pregnant or nursing. I think we are looking at bigger numbers than having 3-4 offspring. It is noted they humans that are impregnanted by Gnestealers have an unstoppable desire to mate. Unsurprisingly it's all very Grimdark.
    I'm still standing by the fact they need to blend in for an extended period of time, and disabling half of one's populace in eternal child-rearing would play all sorts of havoc on any post-agrarian society, not to mention issues of overpopulation (which even on a local scale, would draw unwanted attention to the coven).

Not ruling it out completely of course, just thinking if you're wanting to take over a planet suddenly causing every woman who signs up for your Totally Legitimate Church of the Many-Limbed Emperor to drop her job/family/friends will raise a lot of eyebrows. Plus she's probably not going to be around as much to get others to come to praise her Thoughful, Youthful, Resplendently Armed, Not-Insidious Deity.

I can't remember have we seen any Brood Brother models yet?
    Back in yon days of yore they used the original plastic guardsmen kits to represent them - so no specific ones. I've seen Necromunda gangers used too.

Chapter-Master

Really curious to see the sprues for this now. I wonder if the Deathwatch will be all seperate clampacks or just one big sprue.

Same for the Genecult, wonder if the patriarch, magus ect will be released seperately later on. Could see the hybrids and aberrants getting their own multipart kits later on though (1st/2nd, 3rd/4th and Abberants?)

Also, If you replaced the hybrid heads of the 3rd and 4th gens with normal human ones you could do a rebelling miners army! (perhaps have them go up against ghazghkull thraka)
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Statuesque do[url=http://statuesqueminiatures.shop033.com/p/9064684/sma015-heroic-scale-female-heads---bald.html] these[/url], which would work nicely for conversion bits for female Hybrids.

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    If you replaced the hybrid heads of the 3rd and 4th gens with normal human ones you could do a rebelling miners army! (perhaps have them go up against ghazghkull thraka)
    I was thinking of doing that for a HH-era Militia army.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Given 4th gens are near indistinguishable from humans & can breed with them I don't think relating to them in terms of humanity is totally off limits. And even if it is, I'm calling shenanigans on the fact that they just happen to look like dudes.

I'm still standing by the fact they need to blend in for an extended period of time, and disabling half of one's populace in eternal child-rearing would play all sorts of havoc on any post-agrarian society, not to mention issues of overpopulation (which even on a local scale, would draw unwanted attention to the coven).

Not ruling it out completely of course, just thinking if you're wanting to take over a planet suddenly causing every woman who signs up for your Totally Legitimate Church of the Many-Limbed Emperor to drop her job/family/friends will raise a lot of eyebrows. Plus she's probably not going to be around as much to get others to come to praise her Thoughful, Youthful, Resplendently Armed, Not-Insidious Deity.

Back in yon days of yore they used the original plastic guardsmen kits to represent them - so no specific ones. I've seen Necromunda gangers used too.

Well it definitely mentions Priestesses in the background it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them to be 4th Gens. Though it's not really "come join our cult for your enternal salvation" its more that you've been infected by alien DNA and you're one of us, a physical and psychological change does occur after implantation (either by a stealer or infected human) The only thing that sits a little uneasy is that a species that survives by implanting it's DNA in other spieces need to be impregnanted at the 4th generation, but them stealers do have hypnotic gazes so I'm sure they could get it done 😳.

It also probably pertinent to the argument that in the case of 4th gens it's only their first offspring that is a Purestrain any others will be human (well Brood Brethren Human which isn't entirely the same thing). So it probable that their usefulness as breeders ends pretty quickly.

of course this is reading quite a lot into 27yr old fluff.
    Last edited by grimmas; 02-21-2016 at 10:51 AM.

This release may get me back into the hobby after 17 years. I've been toying with the idea for a year now, ever since I came across The Cult rumours. I'm glad GW has revived them and the miniatures are stunning (as are the Deathwach ones). I think I'm going to pick up WD for the first time this weekend and may even pre-order the game Saturday. I just need to convince my wife that I need a another hobby...

Chapter-Master

join uuuuuuusssssss
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

yesss joinnnnn usssss, spennnnnnd the moneyyyy (but do get it on discount like Dark sphere, probably saving you about £20)
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast