BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Ahhhhhhhhhh.

Now I get the picture.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    I getcha, I just mean that if he can use the power in the board game, I assume they meant for him to use the power in 40K too!
    I'm sure that is what they assumed They assumed wrong.
    But rules are rules

I'm hoping enough people email them and they will faq something...hopefully....maybe...

Does the fluff in the new box explain the differences, between a patriarch and a broodlord?

"Deathstorm" (novella) was very unclear on the subject.

Chapter-Master

Ones unhumanly fast with sharp claws, ones fast with ridiculously sharp claws. Both want to kiss you.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Andersp90 View Post
    Does the fluff in the new box explain the differences, between a patriarch and a broodlord?

"Deathstorm" (novella) was very unclear on the subject.
    Currently, I'm seeing the Broodlord as 'an alpha construct' of the Hive Fleets - so in essence a sub-species of Genestealer intended to lead them in battle only. Whereas a Patriarch is an overdeveloped Purestrain.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Currently, I'm seeing the Broodlord as 'an alpha construct' of the Hive Fleets - so in essence a sub-species of Genestealer intended to lead them in battle only. Whereas a Patriarch is an overdeveloped Purestrain.
    That makes sense.

The broodlord/patriarch in "Deathstorm" was described as being bigger, faster, stronger and smarter than any broodlord the main character had ever encountered before.

Also, (SPOILER ALERT) it was born by a human female.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Andersp90 View Post

Also, (SPOILER ALERT) it was born by a human female.
    It better have been that's how Genestealers breed
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Chapter-Master

Well it doesn't have to be human.

But considering orks are now fungus does that mean you can no longer have a orkgenestealer hybrid? Or do they give of dodgy spores instead?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Well it doesn't have to be human.

But considering orks are now fungus does that mean you can no longer have a orkgenestealer hybrid? Or do they give of dodgy spores instead?

I'd suggest that the fact Orks don't breed anymore kind of puts a kibosh on the Ork hybrids. Do you remember the initial fluff on squigs being made from DNA the Tyranids had absorbed from Orks which the Orks had in turn rescued from the Tyranids. Strange days.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    I meant the "Vidya" scroll as in vidya games as in video games?
    According to the limited history of their chapter the Blood Ravens have, in their earliest records Azariah Vidya was the Chapter's Chief Librarian at a point where the Chapter suffered devastating losses, including the most of the first company and the Chapter Master. It was Vidya taking leadership of what was left and the use of his gift of precognition in planning that allowed the Chapter to not only escape destruction but to wipe out the Chaos Marine forces that had laid the original trap. Vidya is known as the Great Father in the Chapter, and is the second most revered figure next to the Emperor as they don't know which Primarch their geneseed came from (or it's at the very least not common knowledge; It's pretty clear that at least Davian Thule(now a dreadnought) and Gabriel Angelos know that they're Thousand Sons successors...), and was the one who started the tradition of the roles of Chief Librarian and Chapter Master being held by the same individual that continued on up to Azariah Kyras' betrayal and fall to Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    I'd suggest that the fact Orks don't breed anymore kind of puts a kibosh on the Ork hybrids. Do you remember the initial fluff on squigs being made from DNA the Tyranids had absorbed from Orks which the Orks had in turn rescued from the Tyranids. Strange days.
    There were Ork Hybrids in one of the Ciaphas Cain novels, or it's at least heavily implied, it's been a while. He finds himself stranded aboard a Space Hulk full of both stealers in one end and a growing Waaagh in the other, and ends up encountering an Ork patrol that strangely attacks him in complete silence and with unusual coordination. The Cain novels are recent enough that Orks definitely reproduce by spore in them too; Even if the Imperium doesn't recognize the mechanism there's talk of the Valhallans burning Ork corpses because it seems to keep the population down.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast