BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 226
  1. #201

    Default

    I've never actually owned an ork codex(which will be rectified now I have a pile of orks) so must have missed that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    According to the limited history of their chapter the Blood Ravens have, in their earliest records Azariah Vidya was the Chapter's Chief Librarian at a point where the Chapter suffered devastating losses, including the most of the first company and the Chapter Master. It was Vidya taking leadership of what was left and the use of his gift of precognition in planning that allowed the Chapter to not only escape destruction but to wipe out the Chaos Marine forces that had laid the original trap. Vidya is known as the Great Father in the Chapter, and is the second most revered figure next to the Emperor as they don't know which Primarch their geneseed came from (or it's at the very least not common knowledge; It's pretty clear that at least Davian Thule(now a dreadnought) and Gabriel Angelos know that they're Thousand Sons successors...), and was the one who started the tradition of the roles of Chief Librarian and Chapter Master being held by the same individual that continued on up to Azariah Kyras' betrayal and fall to Chaos..
    So more than one nod to their true origins



    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    There were Ork Hybrids in one of the Ciaphas Cain novels, or it's at least heavily implied, it's been a while. He finds himself stranded aboard a Space Hulk full of both stealers in one end and a growing Waaagh in the other, and ends up encountering an Ork patrol that strangely attacks him in complete silence and with unusual coordination. The Cain novels are recent enough that Orks definitely reproduce by spore in them too; Even if the Imperium doesn't recognize the mechanism there's talk of the Valhallans burning Ork corpses because it seems to keep the population down.
    Forgot about that.

    However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

  2. #202

    Default

    Mostly off topic, while its cool that the Blood Ravens have an official model now(though I would have liked some more chapter specific bits; the shoulder pad and the raven's head on the sword's pommel are neat, but that greave would be just as at home on any given Blood Angels model), I'm a bit concerned to discover that the Blood Ravens transfer sheet is no longer listed on the Forgeworld website. Maybe, given the Deathwatch model's shoulder is using the updated Space Marine game version of their emblem, it's a sign of things to come, given the transfer sheet was the Dawn of War 2 version. Or maybe it's just not coming back and it's a good thing I grabbed an extra. Fingers crossed they show up as a secondary force with some resin bits in the next Imperial Armor though. After all, I don't know when they updated the photos for it, but there's a Blood Ravens Thunderhawk among their images for it now...

  3. #203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    It better have been that's how Genestealers breed
    Humans do not give birth to purestrains though.

  4. #204
    Brother-Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Her Majesty's United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andersp90 View Post
    Humans do not give birth to purestrains though.
    Ah I see your point.

    They will if impregnanted by a 4th gen Hybrid. The Patriarch is usually the Purestrain that starts off the whole Cult rather than one born into it though. This is getting more intriguing
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

  5. #205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    Ah I see your point.

    They will if impregnanted by a 4th gen Hybrid. The Patriarch is usually the Purestrain that starts off the whole Cult rather than one born into it though. This is getting more intriguing
    The "spawn of cryptus" did start the cult (even though we never see any hybrids). So that part makes sense.

    But as far as I know, the 4th gen hybrids breed with each other and not humans?

  6. #206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andersp90 View Post
    The "spawn of cryptus" did start the cult (even though we never see any hybrids). So that part makes sense.

    But as far as I know, the 4th gen hybrids breed with each other and not humans?
    Spawn of Cryptus may have just been an unusual example- I'm sure the methods of the cults adapts to the best strategy available, and the cult on the planet visited by the mother of the Spawn must have decided that impregnating her was the best strategy to spread their progeny.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

  7. #207
    Brother-Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Her Majesty's United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andersp90 View Post
    The "spawn of cryptus" did start the cult (even though we never see any hybrids). So that part makes sense.

    But as far as I know, the 4th gen hybrids breed with each other and not humans?
    They still breed with humans they just do it using human "equipment" (no ovipositor). The first offspring is purestrain and any further offspring will be human (well brood brother human which is a bit different)
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

  8. #208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    Spawn of Cryptus may have just been an unusual example- I'm sure the methods of the cults adapts to the best strategy available, and the cult on the planet visited by the mother of the Spawn must have decided that impregnating her was the best strategy to spread their progeny.
    That makes a lot of sense, though, I still wonder what happent to the hybrids.

    Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    They still breed with humans they just do it using human "equipment" (no ovipositor).
    I did not know that. - and it makes no sense to me biologily.
    Last edited by Andersp90; 03-01-2016 at 02:59 PM.

  9. #209
    Brother-Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Her Majesty's United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andersp90 View Post
    I did not know that. - and it makes no sense to me biologily.
    It is 40K after all. Of course this is all very old background the Genestealer Cult stuff was White Dwarf 114-116 over 25 years ago. The main consideration is that Genestealers can't breed with each other they need another species for that.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

  10. #210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    It is 40K after all. Of course this is all very old background the Genestealer Cult stuff was White Dwarf 114-116 over 25 years ago. The main consideration is that Genestealers can't breed with each other they need another species for that.
    True.

    It will be interesting to see, how the new fluff develops.

 

 
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •