BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Yeah, old fat dude on a throne 4 lyfe.
    this isn't meant to be real life!

Although if everyone on this planet is male - a safe assumption given GW will probably neither mention nor show women at all - how do the stealers reproduce?
    Was wondering that too. Perhaps they'll explain it all in a codex at some point. I was wondering why none of the hybrids are female, or maybe they are (?)
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Hivefleet Cobra-Kai

via [URL="https://www.facebook.com/Warhammer-40k-Campaigns-518558484848481/"]Warhammer 40 Campaigns [/URL](and various others on Facebook) 2-20-2016
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Genestealer 2.jpg 
Views:	1739 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	17473 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Genestealer 3.jpg 
Views:	1402 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	17474

Name:	Genestealer 4.jpg 
Views:	1439 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	17475 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Genestealer 5.jpg 
Views:	1494 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	17476

Name:	Genestealer 6.jpg 
Views:	1266 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	17477 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Genestealers 1.jpg 
Views:	1340 
Size:	346.1 KB 
ID:	17478

Name:	Kill team cassius 1.jpg 
Views:	1579 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	17479 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kill team cassius 2.jpg 
Views:	1470 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	17480

Name:	kill team cassius 3.jpg 
Views:	1536 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	17481 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kill team cassius 4.jpg 
Views:	1542 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	17482

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    What is the difference between a broodlord and a patriarch?
    The tail? I remember for sure broodlords have a stumpy tail because it was quite a bit of work to equip mine with something that looks similar to what the patriarch got.

Models look aces, but so far have limited use beyond the board game, which means its price can't be dictated by how much X unit would cost in 40K but rather how much would a similar board game cost. If it's reasonable, I'll snag it.

The Hybrids might end up making the leap to 40K and I really hope so. Dual use for these models (which would help move copies of the game), and more variety of models. The Hybrids actually look like they should (except the Patriarch, who looks like a slightly different Broodlord... oh well, guess that one was too much to hope for).

If they do make Deathwatch rules, I'm not sure if these guys will be useful, because they're too varied to have a unit that makes sense as a standard unit with that many options (it'd be like 2nd edition Death Company, and, well, some of us remember what that was like). HOWEVER! A cool gesture (that'd also help move copies of the game) would be putting rules in White Dwarf for these guys as a unit in 40K that acts like the Last Chancers (who were pretty much all equipped differently). It'd be pretty interesting to see. Also, putting the rules as a PDF download on the store page, too.

Okay, sorry, part of my brain's in fan mode and part is still running through concepts of how to inexpensively add value for a customer in order to promote them using your service and buying your goods. Can't help it.

Chaplain

I noticed the Broodlord is on last chance to buy. The Patriarch could easily replace him for normal 40k games.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Yeah, old fat dude on a throne 4 lyfe.

Although if everyone on this planet is male - a safe assumption given GW will probably neither mention nor show women at all - how do the stealers reproduce?
    That's easy Gott, they're all in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant. Got to keep those numbers up.
    Yes, that is/sounds sexist, it is, but in the terms of the fluff it kinda makes cents. They are trying to take the planet over, and attract the hive mind, so numbers count.
    Last edited by Mud Duck; 02-20-2016 at 10:48 AM.
    C'est la vie. C'est l'amour. Cela est une pomme de terre.

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    Oh my goodness how I want the Genestealer Hybrids.

And I love the fact they've justified the weird clothes they're wearing as mining gear. Gives them a distinct look from the Chaos Cultists, but without some nonsense about how it's 'Tyranid Clothes' or something.

Frankly, I want more 40K-era human civilian models; workers, clerks, cars, all of it. *fingers crossed for Necromunda's re-release*
    Yup.

The Inquistor scale Stevedore and chums came and went all too fast for me to grab a set.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Al Shut View Post
    I noticed the Broodlord is on last chance to buy. The Patriarch could easily replace him for normal 40k games.
    Or they could release the one from Bloodstorm. They've already released the Blood Angels captain separate, Krom, Grukk... Broodlord's the only one left. It's a plastic kit, so that'd be one more resin kit gone and plastic kit in its place.

That's what I'm thinking too. And it's a much nicer model!

Now, anyone working on rules for the Hybrids and that in Space Hulk?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by William Lang View Post
    I love the Blood Raven librarian.
    I'm actually a little disappointed. His chapter badge appears to be a decal(though it's in the fancy style of the ones from Space Marine so that's cool) but the actual sculpted detail, like on his leg, looks more Blood Angels than Ravens. Maybe need better pictures, the reverse angle from behind it looks like the detail may be raised.

Overall looks like an awesome box. Here's the whole spread, found on Dakka, from twitter somewhere. Full contents is 50 total minis, plus all the game stuff.

Name:	0g1hBD8.jpg 
Views:	1264 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	17484

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast