BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: I had most fun with my toy soldiers when i...

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • wrote lists to set points and tounament play

4 9.30%
  • used what i wanted to play sandpit games

3 6.98%
  • just built/painted them for display

3 6.98%
  • wrote lists to set points to play my mates

33 76.74%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Scout

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    Ummm....
    I may also own twenty odd kilograms of V:TES cards.
    Me too. I got into it back when it was published by WotC and called "Jyhad". Had a friend with a Brujah+Celerity+guns deck that won all the time till I started actually reading my cards. "Canine Horde: Strike, Ranged, Destroy target weapon with First Strike." WHY DON'T I HAVE ALL OF THESE IN MY DECK!

I also spent a considerable part of the 90's playing Live Action WoD games. I was actually part of WW's officially sanctioned global LARP for a while - long enough to have a Gangrel with full Poleritude (and maxed out Protean and Animalism as well). Good times.

My first experience with tabletop wargaming was Mage Knight - Wiz Kid's precursor to Heroclix. Then a friend introduced me to 40K back in 3rd edition. I'm still playing today. Mentoring new players even - I have a group of friends to play with and we do really well with 7th edition with the addition of a few simple house rules.

I had some friends to play Blood Bowl with in school which led us to getting into 2nd Ed 40k. On and off over the years, but probably the most fun now since I have a couple completed armies, a nice board to play on, and 7th Ed rules are probably the best rule set I've used thus far.

I'm fairly new, back in 2006 my best friend told me about game him, his older brother and a few of his older brother's friends would play on saturdays, I went to have a look and absolutely loved it, bought my first army (Tyranids) off of one of the guys there and played with them
    Now I have 5 (4 and a half) 40k armies and also have a warmachine army and a couple of dust starter sets, also a Lizardmen army that I hardly use but can't bring myself to sell

Chapter-Master

I started with Airfix Napoleonics and ESCI ACW both 1:72 using rules written by the gifted Donald Featherstone. Alongside his work my gaming drifted through the works of Christopher Duffy, John Mollo and he color plates of John Elting... Why are most of these blokes Brits...

I still spend 50% of my time playing historical games as they tend to be more fun for me than other offerings. My first GW outing was with Adeptus Titanicus and lately I find myself spending the majority of my GW time revisiting EPIC scale play.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234