BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

I think the pretty marines are a great army. Seen it a few times now, and it always makes me grin. Surprising to see it go for that much, though :O

As for marines covered in Swastikas, I honestly don't see what the problem is. The symbol goes back a hell of a long way before Hitler's regime took to it, with it being a hindu symbol for freedom or something for centuries. That's where people need to lighten up. If you're getting offended by plastic toy soldiers, because of how they are painted, chill out :/
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

Veteran-Sergeant

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Diagnosis Ninja View Post
    I think the pretty marines are a great army. Seen it a few times now, and it always makes me grin. Surprising to see it go for that much, though :O

As for marines covered in Swastikas, I honestly don't see what the problem is. The symbol goes back a hell of a long way before Hitler's regime took to it, with it being a hindu symbol for freedom or something for centuries. That's where people need to lighten up. If you're getting offended by plastic toy soldiers, because of how they are painted, chill out :/

I do agree, but the problem is 99.9999999% of the public would associate it with the holocaust, and that is not the kind of thing you want the general public to lynch you for.
    I mean, I'd personally be pretty pissed if I saw someone with a N*zi marines army, even though I know that the swastika was misappropriated for an evil regime, and the real meaning has absolutely nothing to do with mass genocide.

Plus, you could turn it all round and point out they also used lots of eagle symbolism, templar crosses, militant uniforms, long black leather coats, experiments with machines and men intermeshed..
    See where I'm going here?
    Anything can be bad so long as you skew the view of it enough.

But anyway, back to light-heartedness: The Hello Kitty Marines...

The Troops

And the backup..

And their fortress monastery..
    [URL="http://www.geekologie.com/2009/06/09/hello%20kitty%201.jpg"][/URL]
    Last edited by Fantomex; 09-07-2009 at 05:40 AM.
    ARMIES: IRON HANDS, NIGHT LORDS, OGRE KINGDOMS

Veteran-Sergeant

Exclamation

A singalong..
    [URL]http://www.imgdump.info/data/tmp_media/monorail.JPG[/URL]

And more general humour..
    [URL]http://www.imgdump.info/data/tmp_media/marinestairs.JPG[/URL]
    Last edited by Fantomex; 09-07-2009 at 05:39 AM.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Diagnosis Ninja View Post

the image of the swastika may pre-date the **** regime, BUT the swastika marines i have seen depict it black, on a white circle, on a red flag or background, that is the **** flag not merely a swastika emblem, which is a disgusting practise to put in a sci-fi wargame, especially as most people wouldnt even put it in a World War 2 game.

those hello kitty marines are horriffic lol! but all in jest. what i like best about the pretty marines is how well they have been done, at least this manga/anime - 40k crossover mostly takes the micky out of anime more than 40k, its a light hearted theme army, with the theme "look how stupid anime is"

i like it

and cheers to fantomex for those thread pics, they had me chuckling away for a while! especially the Monolith/monorail one, thats just inspired!
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Not only are the Pretty Marines impressive in and of themselves, but the $999 winning bid is equally as impressive. Notice also the previous canceled bid of $1,249.99. I'm hoping the buyer is an experienced player because I expect losses to this army will be especially devastating to some opponents!

Librarian

Is this gonna turn into the everything hilariously wrong thread?
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Quote Originally Posted by TSINI View Post
    the image of the swastika may pre-date the **** regime, BUT the swastika marines i have seen depict it black, on a white circle, on a red flag or background, that is the **** flag not merely a swastika emblem, which is a disgusting practise to put in a sci-fi wargame, especially as most people wouldnt even put it in a World War 2 game.
    See, I haven't seen the flag on mini's as such(well, except for an image earlier in the thread), with the only guys I know to have done it have a white symbol, returned to it's original axis, over a grey/dark background, or the tau player with it who done it in orange over white. Personally, I don't care what they put on their mini's, seen as I'm not gonna be insulted by it, but I'd either be a little more reluctant to play a game with them, or be extra harsh against them :P
    Last edited by Diagnosis Ninja; 09-08-2009 at 07:05 AM.
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

Chaplain

Um... Awesome? This is the perfect thing to keep those damn Imperial players from taking themselves too seriously.

"I shall purge the unclean with power of my FABULOUS HAIR! FEAR MY PRETTINESS!"

Brother-Sergeant

What's this Predator Marine that someone mentioned? Sounds cool and I want to see it!

I got nothing against marines based on the third reich, its a hobby and I'm sure you don't go around telling FOW players who field German or even SS armies.

umm... I looked at all the pics of this army..... looks like every other slanesh traitor army I've ever seen.
    "The Emperor is with us, His sacred light shields us, and he has sent his wolves to watch over us."

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast