BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Do you like moustaches?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Moustaches are vile beyond my capacity to express them.

10 55.56%
  • I like moustaches.

8 44.44%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Moustaches: disgusting?

To clarify, while I hate all facial hair - personally regarding it as aesthetically despicable in every way - this poll is purely about moustaches - facial hair on the upper lip alone, bereft of either chinstrap or other beardly accoutrements.

Are moustaches despicable in the modern world? Not, like, if you're an Edwardian gentleman in the 1920's in a straw boater and you've got a dapper little pencil moustache because it's the 1920s. Or if you're some cowboy in the 1800's or a gay man in the 1970s, where you know, it's the law that you've got to be rocking a big 'tashe if you want to be taken seriously. No, I mean, right now, 2016. Because every time I see a man with a moustache, I can't help but recoil a little at the sight of it. And I'm fully aware of men like Freddie Mercury, who just have the right face for one and look weird without it.

So, this poll is talking about the soup-strainer as a genuine fashion statement. Especially on younger men, where they're growing some foul sort of curly thing that's meant to be charming and quanit but just makes them look like an absolute douchenozzle.

^ This kind of horror is what I mean.

Where do you stand on moustaches?
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

beards horrify me more than moustaches as they tend to be less tidy
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

The moustache on it's own looks daft, and has thus been adopted by Hipsters.

It is therefore Satan's own bum hair by default.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    beards horrify me more than moustaches as they tend to be less tidy
    Oh, I don't get me wrong, I hate beards too. But GW seem really determined to make moustaches a thing and it's like STOP IT GAMES WORKSHOP. STOP THIS NONSENSE. MOUSTACHES ARE DISGUSTING. IF MY IMPERIAL GUARD MUST ALL BE MEN, CAN THEY AT LEAST - AT LEAST - NOT BE HIPSTERS AT THE SAME TIME?

'Oh, but we're evoking the Napoleonic era of Sharpe and - '

STOP THAT. 'SHARPE' IS COOL, YES, BUT NOT FOR THE MOUSTACHES. YOU HAVE FOCUSED ON THE WRONG THING. STOP THIS MADNESS IMMEDIATELY.

I think the Knight Scion's absurd facial hair was breaking point for me.

Look at him. I mean, great armour, great pose, great detail... But what an abject douche.

Chapter-Master

I went to uni with that guy, he was a total douche.

Should've stolen his Knight.

Then you could've had a Throne Kirstenanicus.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

he wasn't cool enough to have a knight

Some men can pull off a moustache (figuratively speaking). My father has a rather nice handlebar moustache, my brothers sometimes grow theirs but then they look like something out of Monty Python.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I like a handlebar moustache. I had a history teacher at school with a magnificent one, he had the look and personality to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Some men can pull off a moustache (figuratively speaking).
    As I said in the initial post, outliers like Freddie Mercury don't count.

And man, every time I see that douche in the black and white photo, I feel worse. It's like: he has to know. He can't not know that he looks like just the most hateful douche... Can he?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast