BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Do you like moustaches?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Moustaches are vile beyond my capacity to express them.

10 55.56%
  • I like moustaches.

8 44.44%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    The last, I don't know, maybe six months have been SUPER depressing on the forums here, so I've mostly been following my motto, and only commenting when I feel like I have something worthwhile to contribute, (or more often, when I have the strength to bother with an argument, which is only very infrequently these days. People can agree with me or not; I'm honestly too old to care any more. Especially when my TL;DR postings are just more of an intellectual exercise for me personally more than anything else: 'can I think of something interesting, and then write an article about it that I'd like to read?' That's literally the only reason I write them. I'm doing it for myself. Well, apart from that one Tau blog I did for JewelFox. And the Ork one for Psychosplodge.)

And I mean, they're heavily political because... Well, I don't actually think they are. I think I'm just very left-wing politically, and many (if not most) people on BoLS are right-wing, and I think you only really notice politics when it's not your own. Otherwise, you kind of drift through life assuming that everyone holds the same opinions as you. When that gets challenged, it really hurts, because of course it does.

Hence why I seem to get everyone's back up.

I suppose the thing is, from my point of view, by nature, everything is essentially a political decision to some degree, and always when art is involved. When everything's going our way and is set up to privilege us, we assume it isn't. For better or worse, moustaches have become a kind of a personal bete noire for that exact reason: GW produce heads with nearly seventy different variants of facial hair... But not one female head. Or one explicitly Black male head.

That's a relatively trivial political decision, but it's still a political one. It just doesn't look like one to those people who get the benefit of that.

It is also Some Serious Bullsh!t.

I don't know, I've just been very quiet because the responses got too nasty, too personal, and just exacerbated my depression to a horrible degree. So yeah, I've just tended to comment on stuff where I feel like it's worth commenting. Otherwise, you know, aut tace aut loquere meliora silentio.

The only reason I started this thread is because I've painted up one of the FW Knight Scions and the repulsiveness of his hipster 'tasche was just too much to leave unremarked upon. Plus I hoped it might get some laughs.
    I'm sorry you feel that way.

I was having a little joke. Given the obvious levity in the OP it seemed appropriate.

I guess I was wrong. I shall leave it be.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Only black people so far.And dude, should have lead with those heads. They're ace, and indeed an example of what can be done.
    Yeah, sorry.

Only remembered them as my train of thought pulled in at the station.

I love the Wesley-Snipes-as-Blade one on the top left so very much.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

It is rather nice
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Before, Empire were Empire, and thus positively Teutonic and European. But now that 'limitation' is removed.
    Never stopped them having griffons and wizards tho, which when people accept that but not black people "because history" is deffo racist. And everyone in Europe being white is [URL="http://medievalpoc.tumblr.com/post/71976076886/medieval-europeans-of-color-occupations-and-race"]historically inaccurate anyway[/URL].

Which is why I put it as 'limitation'
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

[url=http://thenerdsofcolor.org/2016/02/11/going-medieval/]Related article.[/url]

It does make me wonder.

'Why are there Dragons of such immense size they violate all the laws of physics?'

'There just are. Accept it. You want a reason? Okay, fine, wizards and magic. Dragons are magic, and so they can violate the Square/Cube law.'

Why can't that reasoning apply to black people in fantasy?

'Why are there black people?'

'There just are. Accept it. You want a reason? Okay, fine, trade agreements, diplomacy, and simple immigration. They come from an African/Moorish culture that's at a roughly equal level of cultural progress as the Caucasian people of this setting, only with much, MUCH better maths, geometry, astronomy, and calligraphy.'

It's a significantly better reason than 'wizards', but people just never seem to accept it.

Maybe it's because it's not magic. Maybe they only accept things when there's some sort of Highly Improbable reason.

Chapter-Master

Moustaches should only occur as part of a beard. So idk what option to press

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

This vote assumes a rogue moustache without the dignity of beard, sideburn, or stubble of any kind.

So if you believe they should go with a beard, I'm afraid there's only one option.

Chapter-Master

Indeed there is in that case.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123