BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Talking 500 point Imperial Fists New(ish)

Hi Guys, I'm back from 5th edition. How does this list look (be critical!). C&C welcome

+ HQ (70pts) +

Librarian (70pts) [Mastery Level 1]
    ··Power Armour [Auspex, Bolt Pistol, Force Sword]

+ Elites (185pts) +

Sternguard Veteran Squad (185pts) [Veteran Sergeant]
    ··Drop Pod [Storm Bolter]
    ··Veteran [Combi-melta]
    ··Veteran [Combi-melta]
    ··Veteran [Combi-melta]
    ··Veteran [Combi-melta]

+ Troops (175pts) +

Scout Squad (55pts) [4x Boltgun, 4x Scouts]
    ··Scout Sergeant [Boltgun]

Tactical Squad (120pts) [Flamer, 4x Space Marines]
    ··Drop Pod [Storm Bolter]
    ··Space Marine Sergeant [Combi-flamer]

+ Fast Attack (70pts) +

Land Speeders (70pts)
    ··Land Speeder [Heavy Bolter, Typhoon Missile Launcher]

500|500

Edit : Spare 5 points used on Auspex for the libby
    Last edited by Regan Wills; 02-22-2016 at 11:12 AM.

Meltabomb? Dunno who to stick it on, maybe change the Scouts to bolt pistol and ccw, and stick the melta bomb on the Scout sarge.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Hmmm I could take a LSS instead of the LS and take shotgun/ccw scouts?

Quote Originally Posted by Regan Wills View Post
    Hmmm I could take a LSS instead of the LS and take shotgun/ccw scouts?
    The list seems pretty heavily geared towards being stabby - I'm wondering what you're hoping to do with the Speeder? You might get a bit more mileage out of a squad of bikers so they can join in CC, stick your librarian on a bike and you'll have a mobile force that you can move over the board with or engage big shooty targets. Depending on what size board you want to play on, I'd advise perhaps dropping the drop pod and instead giving the Sternguard a Rhino - again, it provides mobility throughout the game rather than just on the turn you drop them in. The short-range firepower from the meltas certainly suggests that you want to use them to rush in and snipe anything with a big T or AV, which might not be very common at 500 pts.

Generally I'd say swap the drop pods for Rhinos, rush up to your opponent and hit them in the face with pointy things. You can't go too far with Marines though, as long as you don't have a disastrous turn of dice-rolling 1 all the time, you should have a decent chance of winning most games.

Battle-Brother

Against what are you playing? The Droppods are a bit taxing in 500p and you could leave them out for more marines/upgrading librarian?
    And the points your have count up to 500p if I take the points from every force organisation group so there are no 5p to spare.

Ok Drop Pods may not be the best move but I'm loathe to get Rhinos as for me its Drop Pods OR Rhinos moneywise and I think Drop Pods are really cool and exciting. So with that out the way, That is definitely something for me to consider when fine-tuning the list ; I haven't played in a while and I'm not sure on the exact armies my opponents will be using. Thanks for the Advice guys

~Regan