BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HH Spoiler Dump

Quote Originally Posted by RGilbert26 View Post
    Hmm it was nice wish listing until I read the Blood Ravens part. Highly doubt they are White Scars.
    Given how heavily the Blood Ravens Dawn of War novels, a certain passage in the Thousand Sons novel, and the short story with the Thousand Sons who missed Prospero beat you over the head with the connections, the Blood Ravens being a successor of anyone but the Thousand Sons would be a baffling reversal. It would make especially little sense to have them be a White Scars successor, there's absolutely nothing tying them back. Though, maybe it's just a typo on the part of the OP? Arvida was the character in that Thousand Sons short story no?

This all still sounds like nonsense, to some extent, especially with stuff like Omegon being a founding member(Primarch then?) of the Grey Knights.

- - - Updated - - -

And I missed the "Magnus being a C'tan shard" bit. What? No, seriously, what? The greatest Psyker humanity has seen bar the Emperor is now somehow an embodiment of the antithesis of the warp? That is basically what the C'tan are, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Badtucker View Post
    if you know your early siege fluf - The Battle of Terra
    During the culminating siege of the Imperial Palace, Khârn was at the forefront of every assault. When the battle ended with the loyalist forces victorious, Khârn lay dead upon a mound of corpses at the walls of the Inner Palace. His fellow World Eaters carried his corpse away with them as they fought their way back to their ships. Once on board they discovered that by some dark miracle, he still lived.Whether Khorne himself breathed life back into the berserker's body or whether the relentless clamour of battle revived his blood-lusting spirit remains a mystery, but since the Heresy Khârn has survived the bloodiest battles to the current age and never came so close to death again.
    Ahh, thanks. Well, it really wouldn't be at all surprising if it was Sigismund seeing as his fluff has him challenging every traitor commander he crossed paths with and defeating them all. He is also probably the single most deadly Astartes short of a Primarch in single combat in the entire Heresy.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightSilver View Post
    Yeah pretty sure the Chris Wraight short story confirms the Blood Ravens are a Thousand Sons successor made up of the loyal guys that missed Prospero burn.
    "Confirm" might be too strong a word, but yes, the Fourth Fellowship becoming the Ravens is as likely a story as any. We're supposedly going to get some details on the Sons that weren't on Prospero/teleported to Planet of the Sorcerers in the next book. Can't friggin' wait!! On the other hand, if they are White Scars successors, I could finally take advantage of all those broken WS rules without having to use the dull color scheme or over-the-top Marco Polo-style Mongorian stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    Ahh, thanks. Well, it really wouldn't be at all surprising if it was Sigismund seeing as his fluff has him challenging every traitor commander he crossed paths with and defeating them all. He is also probably the single most deadly Astartes short of a Primarch in single combat in the entire Heresy.
    I would say Sevatar could give him a challenge. Or Sigismund beats everybody up, then peels his face off Mission Impossible style, and turns out to be Alpharius.

Omegon being the crippled brother who ran the Ghost Legion and supports the Emperor vs. his space pirate/Horus's bff/"let's cause chaos for fun and profit" twin fits my own headcannon of where I think this whole thing is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    And I missed the "Magnus being a C'tan shard" bit. What? No, seriously, what? The greatest Psyker humanity has seen bar the Emperor is now somehow an embodiment of the antithesis of the warp? That is basically what the C'tan are, no?
    I think you are reading that too literally. He's not an actual C'tan shard, but instead a shattered entity much like the C'tan. When he lost his corporeal form, he left behind several phantoms, like the one who hangs out with Horus, or the one who Lorgar meets on his sojourn, etc. So there are multiple Magnuses out there, some contrite, some arrogant, some benevolent, some full-blown Chaos, all pawns of Tzeench in one way or another. Poor Magnus.
    Last edited by terminus; 03-06-2016 at 05:26 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12