BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default new Sslyth tidbits

i guess this spoils the new deathwatch quickread "Flesh of the angel" as that is where this info came.

* It states they came to the planet and invaded the areas to make their breeding pool.
    * The Sslyth seem to have deep underground lairs where there are thousands of eggs.
    * They seem savage in nature, reminding me a bit of "predator".
    * one seemed to be decorated in human bones/eyeballs ect and was wearing leather clothing.
    * others seemed more warrior-like and carried swords.
    * one is noted to be carrying a large bolter, and others wore stuff made from astra militarum soldiers armour/gear.
    * later it's determined the ssylth have had contact with the emperors children.
    * the sslyth are described as alien mercenaries who had plagued an entire sector for centuries as pirates.

personally id love to see them expanded a bit as allies for mostly DE and Chaos.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

I'm always hopeful we might see a Codex of lesser races which can be taken as allies.

Because that would rule.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I'd rather just see more xenos with codex books myself.

Codex Ssylth, Codex Slaugth, Codex Hrud, Codex Cabal, Codex Enslavers....each with their own miniature ranges and plastic kits. They should hire someone to do that, someone that really loves their weird aliens. I wonder who is like that.
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

This would be awesome. Some of them, Enslavers especially, could also come with a conversion kit to make enslaved versions of other kits, like enslaved Guardsmen or Tau or Kroot or something. On the subject of Kroot, they would be particularly low hanging fruit for such a mini-dex to start with.

Codex: Barghesi would be awesome too- a race described as 'hyper-violent' and requiring an entire Space Marine Chapter just to stop them rampaging into the Imperium (presumably because the Imperium wasn't able to irradicate them) and ALSO to stop a Tyranid hive fleet from attacking their worlds and gain the Barghesi genetics... Must be badass.

An Umbra mini-dex could be interesting too. Q'orl would also fit into a mini-dex structure, as their background shows they have multiple available units. Fra'al would also be a good contender, as they have had model support in the past via BFG, and have a decent amount of background at the moment.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    This would be awesome. Some of them, Enslavers especially, could also come with a conversion kit to make enslaved versions of other kits, like enslaved Guardsmen or Tau or Kroot or something. On the subject of Kroot, they would be particularly low hanging fruit for such a mini-dex to start with.

Codex: Barghesi would be awesome too- a race described as 'hyper-violent' and requiring an entire Space Marine Chapter just to stop them rampaging into the Imperium (presumably because the Imperium wasn't able to irradicate them) and ALSO to stop a Tyranid hive fleet from attacking their worlds and gain the Barghesi genetics... Must be badass.

An Umbra mini-dex could be interesting too. Q'orl would also fit into a mini-dex structure, as their background shows they have multiple available units. Fra'al would also be a good contender, as they have had model support in the past via BFG, and have a decent amount of background at the moment.

I'd have a core kit for enslavers that made 2 types, a second kit that made a gigantic gateway (that also makes some kind of duel weapon variant) and bits as you said to convert other factions stuff. Releases on par with Harlequins or Tempestus would be sufficient for me. I don't care if an army has a lot of choice if it brings something I really like into the setting.

I think Umbra would work too allthough many seem to disbelieve us, they obviously simply lack our supreme vision, but we can hunt those heretics down....

Brother-Captain

Umbra have two major difficulties that would have to be solved: the fact that all of them look alike so it will be challenging to make the different units instantly distinguishable, and the fact that there's really only BEEN one kind of Umbra described. I figure three distinctly different units is the bare minimum for a mini-faction. It's a potentially solvable problem but I think other factions will be done first.

And yes, Kroot are a no-brainer. They used to HAVE a mini-codex! Very interested in the Sslyth too, I like the model but haven't gotten any for my DE yet because my archon hangs out with a unit.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Could be done with Codex: Mercenaries which allies as Allies of Convenience or Desperate Allies with everyone.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    Umbra have two major difficulties that would have to be solved: the fact that all of them look alike so it will be challenging to make the different units instantly distinguishable, and the fact that there's really only BEEN one kind of Umbra described. I figure three distinctly different units is the bare minimum for a mini-faction. It's a potentially solvable problem but I think other factions will be done first.

And yes, Kroot are a no-brainer. They used to HAVE a mini-codex! Very interested in the Sslyth too, I like the model but haven't gotten any for my DE yet because my archon hangs out with a unit.
    I'm only really going from the artwork that shows htem "in action" with space marines, but they certainly look awesome. I don't really count the blank black sphere as I doubt any modelling company would release "models" like that lol. A gigantic "core" with all kinds of shadowy limbs emanating from it, smaller ones with various shadowy limbs and swarm-bases that have weird shadow constructs on them are the main three units I can think of, but the 1st and 2nd could be made into duel kits. I think that would be enough for them, they would be better as part of a larger Hrud army IMO.

Yeah, agreed on Kroot, they would perhaps be one of the easiest to do and are to be fair more "accessible". There is definitely enough units for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Could be done with Codex: Mercenaries which allies as Allies of Convenience or Desperate Allies with everyone.
    I'd wishlist a different category altogether
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

This is great info - thank you!
    The Bolter is interesting...