mephiston
    3 priest
    4 assualt 9 man unit with melta in pods
    2 ferioso dreadnought with talons in pods
    landspeeder 2xmulti-melta
    landspeeder 2xmulti-melta
    baal with assualt cannon and heavy and extra Armour
    =1850 list

in this list i am using the drop pod assault special real.
    i will get 3 pods on turn one.
    three of the pods haves a homer for the land speeders to use
    the land speeders are separate units and used to kill tanks
    i gave the assault marines meltas to shoot tanks.
    the baal is outflanking

am i required to deploy anything ?

if you have any thoughts or tips for the list post plz.

i am still trying to decide which 3 units to pod in on turn one

do the assault marines scatter 2d6 or 1d6 because they have descent of angels?
    Last edited by B-rock; 04-16-2010 at 11:31 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

You may keep as much or as little in resevre as you like.

As for the Assault marines in a drop pod. Desent of Angels says Jump packs, so it won't work with a pod, but there again with a pod you are unlikey to have a nasty accident anyway.

Blood angels from the sky..
    With diamonds...

Of Fiery Wrath!
    Super cookie if you get the reference.. (Guessing noone gets it)
    Wasn't their a thread where there was debate as to whether Descent of angels worked on drop pods? Cos i think it was only in the fluff section that it said anything about jump packs

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Gooball View Post
    Blood angels from the sky..
    With diamonds...

Of Fiery Wrath!
    Super cookie if you get the reference.. (Guessing noone gets it)
    Wasn't their a thread where there was debate as to whether Descent of angels worked on drop pods? Cos i think it was only in the fluff section that it said anything about jump packs
    i am sorry i just joined the BoLs forums and sorry i didnt see that thread
    ok so they are still better in pods i have 230 pts to spend i forgot the discount on the pods from the assault marines

Occuli Imperator

Drop pods, and other dedicated transports, do not get to use the Decent of Angels special rule.

The reason has nothing to do with Jump Packs... The portion of the DoA entry that references jump pack is the fluff portion and we can't base ruling off fluff.

Drop Pods and Land Raiders can't use DoA simply because they are the unit that is deep striking, not the embarked assault squad. Because the unit deepstriking doesn't have the rule they can't use it, even though the embarked unit does. Now if the assault marines put on jump packs they now have the DOA rule and could use it (Or any unit that puts on a jump pack as per the jump pack rules.)

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Drop pods, and other dedicated transports, do not get to use the Decent of Angels special rule.

The reason has nothing to do with Jump Packs... The portion of the DoA entry that references jump pack is the fluff portion and we can't base ruling off fluff.

Drop Pods and Land Raiders can't use DoA simply because they are the unit that is deep striking, not the embarked assault squad. Because the unit deepstriking doesn't have the rule they can't use it, even though the embarked unit does. Now if the assault marines put on jump packs they now have the DOA rule and could use it (Or any unit that puts on a jump pack as per the jump pack rules.)

Duke
    While I agree with you, Duke, some food for thought might include considering a squad with scout entering a dedicated transport and allowing the transport to benefit from that rule.

Veteran-Sergeant

i agree with the scout and transport example
    i rely dont know FAQ gw!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Image View Post
    While I agree with you, Duke, some food for thought might include considering a squad with scout entering a dedicated transport and allowing the transport to benefit from that rule.
    In that example however the Scout USR explains that a unit with the rule confers it on a dedicated transport. Descent of Angels mentions no such benefit

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Image View Post
    The main rulebook EXPLICITLY states that scouts is conferred to the Dedicated Transport-- nothing else. p.76

The Descent of Angels rule states: "Other units in the Blood Angels army that can arrive by Deep Strike do so using the normal rules." p. 23 Codex Blood Angels

The Drop Pod bought for an Assault Squad is an 'other unit'. The Drop Pod is a completely separate unit. The Descent of Angels Rule SPECIFICALLY addresses these units!

I don't understand how people keep saying that Dedicated Transports get DoA!!! Especially since the Codex Blood Angels says no!

Chapter-Master

As for your list:

How do you plan on using Mephiston?

He doesn't get to deep strike (cannot activate Psychic Powers from off the board)-- do you just have him walk on from a board edge?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast