BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your assault marines need either a power weapon or power fist/thunder hammer on the Sergeants.

Drop to 1 baal and take a vindi.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by B-rock View Post
    new list hope it is good so drop pods are not good to me becuz the marines have to sit there a full turn and get assaulted or shot

librarian-epistolary,infernus pistol,jump pack, blood lance, might of heroes=190

assault marines(10) 2 meltaguns, infernus pistol=225

baal predator flamestorm, heavy flamer=140

predator with twin lascannon= 115

*the predator has no sponsons. the librarian is to buff his unit
    the thing i feel iffy about is the 3 baal predators that scout i feel three maybe to many and i am not sure about the predator with no sponsons

if you can help me make this list better plz do so !!!
    Predator with Twin-Lascannons is 135.

Remember, if you deep strike assault squads, you have the same problem that Drop pods have-- they cannot move after deep striking.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Predator with Twin-Lascannons is 135.

Remember, if you deep strike assault squads, you have the same problem that Drop pods have-- they cannot move after deep striking.
    i know, i am not deep striking them, i am moving 12" and shooting the meltas and finally hoping to make the assualt

i know, i am not deep striking them, i am moving 12" and shooting the meltas and finally hoping to make the assualt
    Put them in rhino. Or split the squads up. Some Rhino squads, some deep strike. Right now your army only has 1 dimension. Yes you have assault marines, but no power weapons, so you're actually not that much of a threat against other CC armies, specially hordes. If you're looking to use meltas and blow up armour, you're better off deep striking with descent of angels and trying to drop right next to the armour.

All I see is alot of troops and pretty much the same thing all round in terms of armour. Once some one has found a way to deal with you, it's going to be a cake walk.

If you take 2 baals and vindi, that spices things up a bit. Or 2 baals and 2 vindis.

I also think you might need a hard punching assault unit, like DC or Sang Guard.

Sang Guard with Dante and a priest, will be a Mech army's worst nightmare, as they can drop in, don't scatter and there's alot of infernus pistols to pop tanks. Against a IG player who squads their heavies, means you could take out two tanks in 1 round of shooting from that one unit. You would also be putting a very hard hitting and rather durable unit right in their back yard that they have to deal with.

Basically, you list doesn't look like you have a real stratergy in mind. You've just thrown a bunch of things together, using the old redudancy methd and what looks nice.

But then again, I could be talking utter nonscence. I don't play marines, but I am planning on building up a BA army once, I'm done with my Nids.

Veteran-Sergeant

Thumbs up

I see what your saying for sure I feel that 2 Baal and 2 vindactor is much better for my tanks and I like the Dante idea to , but I don't see the point in the rhinos I still can't assualt out of them and at least with them with jump packs I can maybe assault turn one. I will look in to giving the marines power weapons

You're hardly ever going to be able to assault on Turn 1. If your opponent see's unprotected jump pack units on the table, he's going to wait for you to move forward and just shoot them in the open. They have 0 cover to protect them. Imagine yourself against Chaos lash units that keeps moving your squad back 2d6".

A rhino is protection for the first turn. You rush forward 18", pop smoke. Next turn you can get out, move and assault. Thats 30" assault in two turns, but your opponent has to open the rhino to get to the unit if he wants to kill them.

A foot slogging (jump pack in this case), moves 12" first turn, but then is in the open for a turn of shooting, then what ever is left after the first turn of shooting, gets to move forward another 12" and charge 6". Resulting in a 30" charge. The distance and turn you assault on is the same, just with the rhino you have more protection.

Deep striking for jump pack units has the down side that you scatter, but with BA it's only d6, which is more than manageable. The other is that you can't move or assault the turn you arrive. But the plus side is, you get to negate a turn or two of your opponents shooting and when you come in, you're all but guranteed that you'll get to shoot as his armour before he can lay down templates on your squad.

If you're not going to deep strike your units, I highly suggest putting them in a rhino. They give added protection for a turn, possibly more and they make good screens for other units.

Chapter-Master

I see what your saying for sure I feel that 2 Baal and 2 vindactor is much better for my tanks and I like the Dante idea to , but I don't see the point in the rhinos I still can't assualt out of them and at least with them with jump packs I can maybe assault turn one. I will look in to giving the marines power weapons
    You are not completely correct in stating that Assault Squads cannot charge out of rhinos.

They cannot charge out of a rhino that has moved before the squad disembarks.

However, an assault squad can disembark first (p.67), and act as normal- then the rhino can move as normal.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234