BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Default Tech: Chaos>Imperium?

At first glance it seem that the Imperium is alot more advanced , but since the Imperium theinks certain advanced and useful tchnology like AI is heresy, and the Mecanicum is constantly just trying to find some ancient piece of STC to start manufacturing, shouldn't Chaos, with opportunity being one of its big ideas, be way more technologically advanced than the Imperium?
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Battle-Brother

Well when squads of like 5 grey knights show up and single handedly dismantle entire dark mechanicus forge worlds and Titan STC's, theres not much they can do.

First-Captain

The main weakness of the Imperium and all races like that is no tech research, it seems the ad mech to busy to make new stuff, i mean cant they just re invent? oh wait they cut their imagination with machine, I mean they worhsip the machinespirit which is just their AI, i mean How come no over race has machine spirits.

I don't think Chaos have much time to actually research, either good reserchers turns bad and defects with their fun new killing machine before being slaughtered by loyalists. Or already bad people take tech and infuse it with daemons.
    Chaos want's killy stuff now, not research that will possibly reach results in a decade.
    I see dow2 infront off me "Yeah they are thousand year old ubermarines, but they are to busy looking for things to slaughter to actually pay attention to their guard duties."

Abbess Sanctorum

Chaos in general does not lend itself to scientific advance.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

I think Chaos is too busy pillaging, plundering and being emo to care much about science. At least the Imperium is looking for new technology, even if it won't innovate themselves because that would be heretical.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyVoodoo View Post
    Well when squads of like 5 grey knights show up and single handedly dismantle entire dark mechanicus forge worlds and Titan STC's, theres not much they can do.
    Yeah, we're awesome like that.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaos does make technological advances, they just don't follow a logical progression. Remember the daemonculaba from Dead Sky, Black Sun? That's absolutely a technological advance.

Chaotic technological development follows the kind of logic where somebody will figure out how to give live birth to fully formed adult space marines in less time than it takes to gestate a normal human being, but it won't occur to anybody to build a freaking storm shield. It's ... chaotic that way

You can't murder, rape and pillage with a storm shield. "What's more killy than one sword? TWO SWORDS"

And whats more killy than two swords?
    Three HAMMERS!

Librarian

And whats more killy than three hammers?
    One Mephiston.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast