BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Brother-Captain

Followers of Tzeentch are more likely than followers of Khorne to sit down with a book or an experiment. Well, at least the sorcerors. Didn't the Thousand Sons fall to chaos because of their desire for knowledge?

Abbess Sanctorum

Sure, but they're entirely focused on sorcerous research I think. The same could be said of Imperial Psykers, whom are far more numerous, even if they do not research "sorcery" per se they do research the warp, the soul, and the nature of psychic powers, daemons, and so on.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Battle-Brother

Heres another interesting conflict between sorcery and Technological advancement: Nurgle. The plague father spends his days brewing up new and deadlier diseases. Isn't the enhancement of biological weapons a technological advance?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyVoodoo View Post
    Heres another interesting conflict between sorcery and Technological advancement: Nurgle. The plague father spends his days brewing up new and deadlier diseases. Isn't the enhancement of biological weapons a technological advance?
    Well, the technology is more the creation and distribution of said diseases.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Abbess Sanctorum

Also, nurgle is a chaos god, so I'm unsure if that's actual true technological advances anyway, given that he basically just wills it to be.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Battle-Brother

But from what I recall from the Chaos Daemons codex, he still uses trial and error. He tests them on Isha. But he is kind of the Incarnation of biological warfare, so theres really not much room for competition with the big green giant

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by entendre_entendre View Post
    As to the "no tech advancement" of chaos, I have one response: Defilers. Chaos wants killy things, so makes chaotic killy things. Now how much of this is advancement and how much is pure insane innovation is up for debate.
    Oblitorators maybe...

Veteran-Sergeant

CSMs are, in my mind, pretty stupid except in combat.
    Ahhh, yes. Fabius Bile is best known in all the codex materials for his revolutionary "hit it with a rock" method of DNA manipulation...
    Exitus Acta Probat
    http://thegrimcheapness.blogspot.com/

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112