BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

And what's more killy than one Mephistion....?

Librarian

Well, Titans?

Apparently nothing can kill Mephiston.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Vortex Grenade.

Chapter-Master

Fact:
    Mephiston overcame the black rage when Arjac Foehammer decided he wanted a sidekick.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Underneath Mephiston's flowing blonde locks are another pair of fangs. With a Force Sword clenched tightly in their grasp.

Mephiston once hit a Squat Ancestor Lord. The impact was so great that the Ancestor Lords ancestors felt the blow and died. This served two purposes: 1) the ancestors prevented the pain of that blow from reeling back through the entire Squat race and 2) erased the entire race from existence.

Mephiston won a staring contest with the Emperor.

One of Mephiston's annual vacations was serialized and toned down so as to be included in Imperial Records. It is now known as the Third War for Armageddon.

The only hand that beats Rogal Dorn's is Mephiston's.

Two Ork Waaagh's and Mephiston walk into a dark alley. Mephiston walks out.

But onto the topic at hand... Chaos and research or technological advancement. Two words: Fabius and Bile. It was never said that research and scientific achievement would be pretty. Or sane.

I can't imagine some Chaos marines deciding to dedicate their time to research.

"I say Chaps, how about in lieu of going on this jolly old Black Crusade, we stay at home and think of some ways of making our weapons slightly better!"

"Absolutely spiffing idea, old bean."

Why make a storm shield when you can ram your sword through the back of a guardsmen skull and then run around using him as a puppet affectionately named 'Ol' Sword Tongue'.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

As to the "no tech advancement" of chaos, I have one response: Defilers. Chaos wants killy things, so makes chaotic killy things. Now how much of this is advancement and how much is pure insane innovation is up for debate.
    I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by entendre_entendre View Post
    As to the "no tech advancement" of chaos, I have one response: Defilers. Chaos wants killy things, so makes chaotic killy things. Now how much of this is advancement and how much is pure insane innovation is up for debate.
    Defilers aren't really a tech advancement, though. It's a Daemonic engine.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Abbess Sanctorum

Right. It's not a technological advance, because defilers simply would not work without the daemonic energies required.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

I don't think I buy that. The Astronomicon doesn't work if you don't feed it souls, but I'd count it as still technology. An undefined subset of orky gear wouldn't work without psychic energy, but surely that is still technology as well. Ditto with an undefined subset of eldar gear, and even Imperial gear (psychic hoods, anyone?).

Plenty of things in this universe need a psychic entity, or psychic energy, to make them work. I don't think that suddenly makes them not-technology.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast