BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default Thrust move when Gone to Ground?

This may be a stupid question, but the rules for Going to Ground specify the unit cannot move, Run, or charge. (only Run is capitalized in the Rulebook)
    So can Jet Pack Infantry make their thrust move?

What about Warp Spider's Flickerjump? Say they went to ground for the first attack. Another unit then targets them, can they flikerjump?

I get that it says they can't 'move'. But if that included all movement of any type why would is also say Run and charge instead of 'this includes running or charging'.
    Last edited by JMichael; 02-29-2016 at 12:16 PM.

I think the intent is that you can't move the unit during any phase by choice, save maybe to pile-in during Combat. So I would rule that no, you cannot make a Thrust move while Gone to Ground.

Thrust move is instead of Assault & done in the Assault Phase so if your pinned or gone to ground then you can't

Flicker Jump rules are a mess and you can claim just about anything with the way its worded

If your playing against warp spiders I'd discuss it with your opponent 1st and agree some common sense ground rules as in only 1 flicker jump and going to ground will negate any more movement, if he doesn't agree you'll end up with a bad feeling after the game as in why bother so get a different opponent and leave the Eldar player to go argue with someone else as Life is to Short.