How do?

Teaser in WD to set the scene. All pics choried off the BoLS front page.

And an example of a Stormcast Chamber....

My bet? Cavalry, and other units more suited to open field warfare.

I'm bang up to date on the background, and something I've twigged since the rumours of Stormcast Cavalry? So far, their battles have been predominantly siege and city fighting. And the Stormcast are incredibly well suited to such endeavours. Well armoured, well disciplined, and very potent when the enemy struggles to bring superior numbers to bear.

But take them out of that, and you've got a largely infantry force. Which is great for a shield wall, but not so good when your for has cavalry. Cavalry were a historical game changer for damned fine reasons.

It seems inconceivable that someone as well versed in war as Sigmar would overlook that. Indeed, in the infancy of The Empire, he made good use of an allied tribes cavalry innovations, such as stirrups and lances (look up the difference such things make...)

So where are they?

Simple answer? The Extremis Chamber. The Warrior Chambers went to war first, as the opening gambits involved taking Chaos forces by surprise, and driving them from cities and strongpoints. Safe to say that's been a solid success so far.

And we know that Archaon is gathering his forces to counter attack. And that is where the Extremis and Auxiliary Chambers seem likely to come in.

So I wager Extremis Chambers are Cavalry based, including their own command - after all you need a commander well versed in the application of cavalry to really make it work.

Auxiliary? That's harder to say for certain, but I swear I read mention of a mechanical cannon being deployed in Chamon?