BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Extremis Chamber speculation.

How do?

Teaser in WD to set the scene. All pics choried off the BoLS front page.

And an example of a Stormcast Chamber....

My bet? Cavalry, and other units more suited to open field warfare.

I'm bang up to date on the background, and something I've twigged since the rumours of Stormcast Cavalry? So far, their battles have been predominantly siege and city fighting. And the Stormcast are incredibly well suited to such endeavours. Well armoured, well disciplined, and very potent when the enemy struggles to bring superior numbers to bear.

But take them out of that, and you've got a largely infantry force. Which is great for a shield wall, but not so good when your for has cavalry. Cavalry were a historical game changer for damned fine reasons.

It seems inconceivable that someone as well versed in war as Sigmar would overlook that. Indeed, in the infancy of The Empire, he made good use of an allied tribes cavalry innovations, such as stirrups and lances (look up the difference such things make...)

So where are they?

Simple answer? The Extremis Chamber. The Warrior Chambers went to war first, as the opening gambits involved taking Chaos forces by surprise, and driving them from cities and strongpoints. Safe to say that's been a solid success so far.

And we know that Archaon is gathering his forces to counter attack. And that is where the Extremis and Auxiliary Chambers seem likely to come in.

So I wager Extremis Chambers are Cavalry based, including their own command - after all you need a commander well versed in the application of cavalry to really make it work.

Auxiliary? That's harder to say for certain, but I swear I read mention of a mechanical cannon being deployed in Chamon?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Stromcast cavalry they'd be massive!!

Wouldn't prosecutors fill that niche?

I'd quite like to see something else for AoS to be honest. I'm sure Stormcast Cavalry would be very nice miniature wise. But I want to see more Of the other factions of AoS the Fyreslayers have whetted my appetite and I want to see more of what the realms have to offer.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Prosectuors could, but only to a degree.

Their role so far has been portrayed largely as scouts, being sent ahead, and to relieve pressure on the shield wall by knacking middle to rear ranks. Plus, they don't have any fast line breaking units at the moment. Prosectuors can disrupt the enemy, but Cavalry can drive them from the field.

There's also the assumption that Sigmar can only Stormcastificate humans....who knows what we might see in this release?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

They could be mounted on pegasi perhaps? Or even Griffons.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Brother-Captain

Dracoths?

May be non-Stormcast troops attached to the Warrior chambers in the style of Roman Auxiliaries?

Brother-Captain

I'm rooting for a monster-sized stormcast. Or sigmar!
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Brother-Captain

Monster sized Sigmar 😉

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    May be non-Stormcast troops attached to the Warrior chambers in the style of Roman Auxiliaries?
    I would put that in the Auxiliary Chamber.

It has to be something extreme.

Auxiliary Chamber could be a way to get Bretonnia and Empire straight into it.

Could be an Archaonesque book?

Sigmar, Exceedingly Heavy Cavalry (a good counter to Varanguard), and perhaps something else?

We've not seen any Stormcast Wizards so far - just Warrior Priests.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast