BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Death Company Storm Raven - WIP

I just thought I would post pictures of the Death Company Storm Raven I am working on.
    Weapons are magnetized, right now I only finished painting the model to this current state.
    I still need to add decals and a bit more detail.

Pretty basic for people who are not used to painting a model black. You need to do a hard highlight on the
    edges. I used codex gray. You use the edge of a brush to accent the edge of the model. Anyway I will post more
    pictures tomorrow. Oh, yeah before I forget, the Death Company 'X' insignia was built from plastic card and I used
    green stuff to cover up the gaps.

Chaplain

Wow, that's really great! Love the hurricane bolters, just the right place.

Veteran-Sergeant

That looks really mean - real presence to your model. Well Done

UPDATE:

Finished detailing and decal. Here are some shots:

Last edited by patzgcrux; 04-18-2010 at 05:22 PM.

I love magnets, these multiple weapon options were made possible with the use of them:

Standard load out (Linked Assault Cannon and linked Heavy Bolters) with hurricane bolters

Anti-Tank Standard load out (Linked Laser Cannon and Linked Multi melta)

Anti-Heavy Infantry load out (Linked Plasma Cannon, Typhoon launchers and Hurricane bolters)

Another variation

Last edited by patzgcrux; 04-18-2010 at 05:26 PM.

All the parts laid out:

As usual, I have the dreadnought crane located at the back

Last edited by patzgcrux; 04-18-2010 at 05:27 PM.

Battle-Brother

Wow.

I'm inspired to have a go at some magnetization and I like your simple black painting style. I've been wrestling with black for my own raven. I finally ended up doing something similar but followed it up with an all over black wash and some watered down gloss varnish to bring out the black in the areas away from the sharp highlights.

Sadly you can't pair plasma cannons and lascannons/assault cannons as they are a replacement for these weapons, so a couple of these configurations aren't quite legal.

I would also fill/cover those indentations in front of the cockpit. Some sensor modules or frag launcher panels from the crusader sprue (trimmed to fit) might work?

Finally kudos on coming up with such a simple and popular design I went into my local store for some stuff and someone else was buying kits to build one with the picture on their phone.

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    Sadly you can't pair plasma cannons and lascannons/assault cannons as they are a replacement for these weapons, so a couple of these configurations aren't quite legal.

Finally kudos on coming up with such a simple and popular design I went into my local store for some stuff and someone else was buying kits to build one with the picture on their phone.
    Thank you for catching that, corrected it.

And yes, that was what inspired me to create this easy straight forward conversion, The land raider and Valkyrie conversion is a bit more involved. Probably too that I posted a tutorial that is why it is catching on.

Battle-Brother

Superb stuff, really well out together and painted, great work with the magnets for the weapons.

ElTanko

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast