BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

So I have been list building with some of the ideas you have presented and this is what I have come up with. I like Zhadsnark and for now he is the warboss for me. I will reevaluate as needed but for now this is the direction I am headed. Any suggestions for improvement would be appreciated.

ORKS! Road Warrors! 1500 pts
    total: 1498

Unit One
    HQ: Zhadsnark 'Da Rippa', Warloard
    HQ: Painboy /w bosspole, warbike, 3 grot orderlies, 1 Ammo Runt
    Troops: 4 Warbikers

Unit Two
    Troops: 6 Warbikers w/ Nob included, bosspole, power claw

Unit Three

Unit Four

Unit Five

Unit Six
    Fast Attack: 5 Warbuggies w/ TL Rokkits

Unit Seven
    Fast Attack: 5 Warbuggies w/ TL Rokkits

Unit Eight
    Heavy Support: 12 Lootas

Unit Nine
    Last edited by malikjack; 03-08-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Librarian

Looks like a fun list, but you could save some points here and there.

On your Painboy, the Grot Orderly is a 0-1 choice, so you can't have 3, unfortunately. Also, the Ammo Runt is wasted, since the bike's guns are already Twin-Linked, so the Runt's reroll can't even be used.

On your biker squads, you only have 6 dudes, which means you need to get 2-3 on the Mob Rule test (or a 1 while in Combat). 4-6 is a failure, since you have less than 10 models. The first time you'll take a test, you'll be at 4 models. This is a longwinded way of saying that while the re-roll is probably helpful, you may want to just forget the Bosspoles instead, and put that 25 points into something else. You're kinda screwed once you take casualties anyway.

You've got 24 Lootas total... you can break them into 3 units of 8, which gives you more options as far as shooting goes, and makes it harder for your opponent to wipe them all out. You could probably do similar with the Buggies (units of 3, 3, and 4), which gives you more options as well.

If you strip the extra runts and the bosspoles, you could grab another buggy if you felt so inclined, or maybe another 1 or 2 bikers.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew da Destroya View Post
    Looks like a fun list, but you could save some points here and there.

On your Painboy, the Grot Orderly is a 0-1 choice, so you can't have 3, unfortunately. Also, the Ammo Runt is wasted, since the bike's guns are already Twin-Linked, so the Runt's reroll can't even be used.

On your biker squads, you only have 6 dudes, which means you need to get 2-3 on the Mob Rule test (or a 1 while in Combat). 4-6 is a failure, since you have less than 10 models. The first time you'll take a test, you'll be at 4 models. This is a longwinded way of saying that while the re-roll is probably helpful, you may want to just forget the Bosspoles instead, and put that 25 points into something else. You're kinda screwed once you take casualties anyway.

You've got 24 Lootas total... you can break them into 3 units of 8, which gives you more options as far as shooting goes, and makes it harder for your opponent to wipe them all out. You could probably do similar with the Buggies (units of 3, 3, and 4), which gives you more options as well.

If you strip the extra runts and the bosspoles, you could grab another buggy if you felt so inclined, or maybe another 1 or 2 bikers.
    Going with the changes you have suggested with the removals and redistribution the total points gained from the list is 70 points. Total 1430 pt. What would be the best use of these points?

Librarian

Well, 2 more Rokkit Buggies would be 50 points, and give you 3 units of 4 buggies each, which is pretty mean. Then with the last 20 points, you use 18 of it to grab an extra Warbiker for the mob that'll be riding with your HQs.

Alternately, you could re-combine your Lootas into 2 squads of 12 and grab a small unit of 3 Mek Gunz with an Ammo Runt each. I'd probably go with Kannons, as they're more versatile, but Lobbas can hide since they're barrage weapons. With the last 7 points, you could pick up 2 extra grot krew for the gunz.

You could also do a 5-man Tankbusta squad, with 5 points leftover to do whatever you like with. Maybe a bomb squig? Maybe one bosspole on your HQ squad? The Bustaz would have to walk, of course, but they're small enough that they may be ignored (until they let loose and pop a Rhino or something). Also, they're small enough that if they do get targeted and killed, it's no big loss.

I was really feeling the Mek gun option you suggested. Added 2 Kannons and one Lobba with 3 ammo runts and 2 extra crew. The thought behind this selection was options with the kannons and then use the lobba to help soften up a target unit in cover. The list looks more like this now.

ORKS! Road Warrors! 1500 pts
    total: 1499

Unit One
    HQ: Zhadsnark 'Da Rippa', Warloard
    HQ: Painboy /w Warbike
    Troops: 4 Warbikers

Unit Two
    Troops: 6 Warbikers w/ Nob included, power claw

Unit Three

Unit Four

Unit Five

Unit Six
    Fast Attack: 3 Warbuggies w/ TL Rokkits

Unit Seven

Unit Eight

Unit Nine

Unit Ten

Unit Eleven
    Heavy Support: 3 Mek Guns
    -2 Kannon
    -1 Lobba
    3 Ammor Runts
    2 Extra Crew

Librarian

Looks like fun! You'll have to come back and tell us how it went.

WAAAAAAAGH!!!

Brother-Captain

I run Imperial Guard, and my tankers' worst nightmare is a Nob with a Power Klaw on a bike. Looks like a solid list to me.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Multiple Tankbusta's in trukks or Buzzgob's Big Mek Stompa (and its ridiculously awesome reduced stompa cost). Sitting back with two S10 Ap1 7" blast weapons can be a laugh a minute, for you or the opponent.

Chaplain

Are Orks not allowed to loot Basilisks anymore? Cheap, seriously nasty big guns with direct or indirect cover ignoring S10 AP2 and long ranged killy goodness. And now with a grot BS of 3, (I know what yer thinking but I'm talking about shooting on the battlefield, not talkin in da pub). Back em up wiv a Big Mek an may be anuvva wiv a forcefield. Can't believe Orks didn't think of them first.

Chaplain

Just looked at the book, they really nerfed the Orks. No krak grenades? No Ork but Tank Bustas get Tank Busta bombs? And as I found out, no looted vehicles? A big mob of Tank Bustas all armed with rokkits and then assault if you get close. Who knows, maybe you might immobilise the target for auto hits with the Tank Busta Bombs. Unless you go to Forge World, where the vehicles are tough enough to last a round and get in a second shot with the big guns they carry.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast