BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Salamander Paint Colors

Looking to start painting some Salamander marines and such and I'm looking for what paints are best for getting the job done! Im planning on going with the typical green and black i want to make it a little darker themed tho

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless_Iron View Post
    Looking to start painting some Salamander marines and such and I'm looking for what paints are best for getting the job done! Im planning on going with the typical green and black i want to make it a little darker themed tho
    I do my Salamanders similar to what you are describing. I also try to speed paint them but make them look good.

I start by spray painting with Tamiya flat black. Use Tamiya or something similar but for sure not the GW crap spray paint.

Then I paint some trim Caliban Green usually around the shoulder pads and on knees and elbows.

Then dry brush the whole model with citadel Longbeard Grey.

They I give a couple coats of a Biel-tan Green wash to make the model green.

It gives a pretty good effect and is super fast.

I do my vehicles in pretty much the same way.

Then just spend about 20 minutes per model to do all the metal and detail bits.

I'll put some pics of some of mine if I remember.

And for sure get the Salamders transfer sheet from Forgeworld.

It will make your models look ten times better.

*Edited: with paint names
    Last edited by splicer818; 03-04-2016 at 01:58 PM.

Awesome thanks! I'd love to see some pics of what your guys look like!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160308_043057035_iOS.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	17692Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160308_043350756_iOS.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	17693

- - - Updated - - -

Jump troopers I painted with Citadel green spray paint. But don't use that kind. I had a hard time getting the colors to come out on my iphone but everything is black with green trim with black highlighted then washed green except jump troops. Jump troops showing of Forgeworld transfers. Power sword effect is made by mixing red into white so pink in the middle then washing with yellow in middle. Hestan has his own color scheme. I just included him for fun

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sally.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	17762

I paint my Sallies Warpstone Glow, give them a wash of Nuln Oil and Earthshade, highlight again with Warpstone and Mootgreen.
    Last edited by Cactus; 03-17-2016 at 10:12 AM.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com