BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What can I do?

Veteran-Sergeant

Default What can I do?

OK, WFB number 8 is hitting stores in July, what can I do to get my high elf army ready with regard to rules rumours?

Brother-Captain

Nothing. Buy nothing, sell nothing. Wait for the book to be released or at least confirmed. GW has been pretty tight lipped about all new releases for that last year or so, and rumours do tend to spiral out of control.

So the best advise: just wait.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

I'm finishing off painting my little HE army, and finishing the conversion of my He Elf heru on horsie to a She Elf hero on horsie. Beyond that kind of thing, Lord Azaghul is right.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

thats true, but completing my high elf army is a long overdue project (along with most of my other projects lol) and they dont have that many unit types to buy and you cant go far wrong with them

First-Captain

having started elves recently and only collected around 850 points of elves, 650 of which got me 4th in regional tourney at WHW. It was a doubles :P anyway Just paint and play for now, We will be in the starter set, so that means we shouldnt be screwed over by any new rules. AFter all thats silly. Do don't buy anything, cus if the sets like skull path expect a lot of elves.

Veteran-Sergeant

But i dont have a lot of elves and i am really behind on collecting them. And it all depends on when the new set comes out-if it comes out with the main rulebook-unlikley-then i can get it for my birthday :P and buy a load of other elves and have a reasonably sized army

Brother-Sergeant

Just dance a little jig! They're fixing some of the rules. Everyone will be happier.
    To whom it may concern...
    BAALLOOOOGGGAAAA WHALE!!!

First-Captain

They are really touching areas which dnt need touching, nerfing a overlly bad army 'brets' and not affecting the armies which need it.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    They are really touching areas which dnt need touching, nerfing a overlly bad army 'brets' and not affecting the armies which need it.
    Its still hard to tell. If the Heavy Cav not marching rule is true, I think it only applies to AS 2+ units, so brets are too bad off. But also remember, just like the Necrons in 5th, someone is going to get shafted.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

First-Captain

Lol 40k didnt render a WHOLE army useless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast