BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How would you describe the 40k community online?

O The 40k community has a rich and extensive presence online on websites, and in social media.
    There needs to be the following option:

O The 40k community has a fairly toxic and extensive presence online on websites, and in social media.

I won't deny there's a lot of good stuff out there, and some great people, but the language in the questionnaire as written only allows for an extensive online community as a positive ('rich'), and I don't think it is. The online community has some real problems. It's extensive, and there's a lot of places to go, but when so many of them are thick with negativity, resentment, entitlement and bile... It's not a 'rich' place to spend one's time.

And pulling a Pontius Pilate and saying 'yeah, but that's the internet' isn't enough to not acknowledge this.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

I got to page two before I gave up as the options are simply not wide/thought out enough to give a true reflection of my hobby activities/views.

2/10 would not try filling in again.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    There needs to be the following option:

O The 40k community has a fairly toxic and extensive presence online on websites, and in social media.

I won't deny there's a lot of good stuff out there, and some great people, but the language in the questionnaire as written only allows for an extensive online community as a positive ('rich'), and I don't think it is. The online community has some real problems. It's extensive, and there's a lot of places to go, but when so many of them are thick with negativity, resentment, entitlement and bile... It's not a 'rich' place to spend one's time.

And pulling a Pontius Pilate and saying 'yeah, but that's the internet' isn't enough to not acknowledge this.
    O The 40k community has a fairly toxic and extensive presence online on websites, and in social media. This presence rarely relates to that of gamers in person.

Wee addition there for you
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12