BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Default Blackadder's Scratchbuilt Lucius Pattern Warhound

I use the name Blackadder. I like to scratchbuilt the larger 40K warmachines. My current project is a Lucius Pattern Warhound I call Lucie. Lucie is about 95% complete and I would like to share my building techniques with other like minded individuals on this forum.

This is my scratchbuilt Warhound Titan as it stands today actually in early March.

I still have the weapons and armour to fabricate; a few minor details and of course painting. Right now she just has a coat of primer. I have a complete set of images of the whole manufacture of this model and being new to this forum I was looking for the right place to post a construction article.

Tell me what you think,

The Blackadder

THAT IS SO COOL!!!

Is it to table top scale? and when are you gonna post the construction stuff?

Table top I guess thanks for the reply.

Just a few more images of Lucie as she is today. Lucie has fully articulated legs and feet.

all the joints on her toes flex to the limits of the FW design. This is one of the reasons it has taken me so long to build this model. designing the joints and making them strong enough to take flexing so she can be fully poseable.

Lucie and friends.

She looks strange without arms.

Posing with my superheavy scratchbuilt Titan Hunter .

Leaving her companions in the dust.

Blackadder
    Last edited by Blackadder; 04-18-2010 at 07:33 PM.

ummmm .... i want to make something like that =/ awesome job.

Chapter-Master

So it's a scratch, but there are pieces from the FW kit on the Titan and there are pieces from GW kits on the super heavy, yes?

Incredible detailing... you scratchbuilt the titan killer as well?

Librarian

Hi there mate, I don't mean to sound negative, but just in case you weren't aware, scratchbuilt means its been made from cardboard, wood, foam, plasticard, greenstuff, using hardly any GW parts

these look too close to the real things that i really doubt they are scratchbuilt, i mean the rivets are exactly in the same place on your titan as the forgeworld one.

If they indeed are "Scratchbuilds" please please let us know how you get such professional results from raw materials, we would all love to know
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TSINI View Post
    If they indeed are "Scratchbuilds" please please let us know how you get such professional results from raw materials, we would all love to know
    Maybe he's really Will hayes?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by TSINI View Post
    Hi there mate, I don't mean to sound negative, but just in case you weren't aware, scratchbuilt means its been made from cardboard, wood, foam, plasticard, greenstuff, using hardly any GW parts

these look too close to the real things that i really doubt they are scratchbuilt, i mean the rivets are exactly in the same place on your titan as the forgeworld one.

Glad I'm not the only one that thought this. If they are indeed scratches, I'd be wholly interested to see some pointers.

Banned

My guess is they're re-casts in a lighter material, foam or some sort of plastic, so it is superlight to enable the poseability - resin would be too heavy for the legs to support.
    The only bits that have lost detail are the piston (the bits that hold the pose), so I reckon they're made from something else or are constructed differently somehow.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast