BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Ulysses makes me think of the old cartoon that was on in the 80s, Ulysses, Ulysses, roaming through the galaxies. or something along those lines.
    That's the one. And also one of the few Animes I've ever enjoyed.

For clarity - got nowt against the medium, I've just never really got on with it.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Mysterious Cities of Gold - great late 80's era cartoon saga in 39 parts that explored south american history and myth. Every episode ended with a short mini documentary too and can get the whole series on DVD quite cheap.

Batman the Animated Series - Quite simply one of the greatest cartoon series ever made and the starting point for the DC Animated Universe that was to run through several other shows (Superman, Static Shock, Batman Beyond) and culminate in the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited series.

Gummi Bears - Magic, mystery, cute heroes and a great villain in Duke Igthorn and his long suffering lackey Toady, plus wickedly catchy theme tune!

Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers - Great fun cartoon with another catchy theme tune (Sorry Kirsten!)

Ulysses 31 - Mentioned already and its great not just for the theme tune which is awesome, but for giving a pretty decent basic knowledge of greek mythology too.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 03-15-2016 at 08:05 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

definitely Batman yes, that is amazing. also the Brave and the Bold, also excellent.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post

Batman the Animated Series - Quite simply one of the greatest cartoon series ever made and the starting point for the DC Animated Universe that was to run through several other shows (Superman, Static Shock, Batman Beyond) and culminate in the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited series.

Gummi Bears - Magic, mystery, cute heroes and a great villain in Duke Igthorn and his long suffering lackey Toady, plus wickedly catchy theme tune!

Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers - Great fun cartoon with another catchy theme tune (Sorry Kirsten!)
    How'd I forget those classics?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chaplain

This thread makes me wonder how much of the stuff I loved as a kid is actually any good or total crap.

Also Chip and Dale is clearly inferior to Darkwing Duck.

Brother-Captain

Somebody may have said this already, but... FROZEN! It's the best Disney princess movie ever. And, I know everyone likes to pretend they're sick of Let It Go, but I'm not. It's an awesome song. It's right up there with Born This Way and Firework in my book.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Al Shut View Post
    Also Chip and Dale is clearly inferior to Darkwing Duck.
    I don't think I've ever seen anyone be so wrong in such a short sentence

Chaplain

Suck gas, evildoer.

Well indeed.

Everyone knows that, in descending order, it's......

Duck Tales > Tail Spin > Chip and Dale > Darkwing Duck.

Chip and Dale is a no go. Those sodding voices. And once they've started on one set of poorly animated Chipmunks, it leads to poorly CGI animated Chipmunks. That's not happening. Not on my watch!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

No, no, no, no, no.

That list should clearly have chip and dale at the beginning of it.
    I mean they're indiana jones and magnum in chipmunk form.
    They're nothing like the wannabe rockstar chipmunks.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast