BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Initiate

Default WIP Blood Angels Librarian Furioso

Here is my conversion for a BA Furioso Librarian. The basis for the mini is a basic dread and I added bits from a terminator libarian and an Inquisitor scale model, Tyrus, I think. Anyway, I think I am done with the converting at this point and now I can focus on finishing the painting which now is only about 60% done. Let me know what you think!

Chapter-Master

I really, really like it.... I think.

Let me clarify. I really dig it, except there is something...unnerving to me about the arms. It looks like it would be a Thousand Sons dread, or something.

Otherwise, really cool.

Brother-Captain

I agree that it's unnerving. I think it's because since it has true arms, its lack of a head makes it look like a decapitated dwarf.

That aside, I love it.

John M.

Occuli Imperator

The conversion is cool, and defenitaly cheaper than the forgeworld dgrey knight dread I was thinking of converting. One question though, why isn't he blue? Personal choice?

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by lobster-overlord View Post
    I agree that it's unnerving. I think it's because since it has true arms, its lack of a head makes it look like a decapitated dwarf.

That aside, I love it.

John M.
    Holy crap, you've hit it spot on. I couldn't place what it was, but that's it!

Awesome man, I do agree that you should paint a little bit of it in a blue scheme but other than that I really dig what you did.

Very nice looking. Are those arms from a warjack? I'm not too familiar with Warmachine but some of the bits made me think of it. I don't think it needs blue buy my idea was to do mine blue and red split down the middle.
    letsagetabitarockin!

LOVE this dread! Ive always kinda thought that dreads stubby little arms must make hitting anything a challenge, so the arms are really refreshing! Also, not being a huge fan of the color blue, I like that you toned it down on this guys, tho I might have put a bit more on for contrast purposes... All in all tho, FANTASTIC!!!

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by lobster-overlord View Post

John M.
    i really like this model and this is just my opinion on how to take it from awesome to second coming on the holy s#!t scale
    the reason the model looks off is because its lopsided and when people see lopsided things they get creeped out, its an instict thing. the left arm, the powerfist arm is fine but the normal iquis scale arm looks like it's been stunted or crippled, hence why its creepy

all you'd have to do to make this the coolest dread ever would be
    a) move the staff to the power fist arm, which looks normal sized on a dread
    b)replace the tiny hand with a ven dread dccw
    c)add a head from the defiler kit
    in fact i think i might do this for my libby dread