BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default Flat out = dead passengers

Just came up.

pg. 70 2nd column bottom section FAST TRANSPORT VEHICLES

Passengers may not embark onto or disembark from a fast vehicle if it has moved (or is going to move) flat out in the movement phase.

pg. 67 2nd Column ---- Effects of Damage Results on Passengers under destroyed - wrecked

The passengers must immediately disembark and then take a Pinning test. Any models that CANNOT disembark are destroyed. After this, the vehicle becomes a wreck.

Cant disembark from a vehicle that went flat out and this means the wreck kills them.

What'd you all think about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Osiris View Post
    Just came up.

pg. 70 2nd column bottom section FAST TRANSPORT VEHICLES

Passengers may not embark onto or disembark from a fast vehicle if it has moved (or is going to move) flat out in the movement phase.
    If you manage to destroy your own fast transport in your own movement phase it might be an issue. Otherwise, it only applies to the movement phase.

thats what I thought. You can see how it would be open to how you interpret this though right?

Veteran-Sergeant

I think...emergency disembarkation overrules saying when a vehicle becomes a wreck...

there is a emergency disembarkation...Pinning Test..all that stuff...
    Only in death does duty end...
    Imperial Guard W-8 L-16 D-7 Grey Knights(DH) W-6(1) L-8(5) D-3(1) Eldar W-1 L-3 T-1

Quote Originally Posted by Bavius View Post
    If you manage to destroy your own fast transport in your own movement phase it might be an issue. Otherwise, it only applies to the movement phase.
    No where does it state that it the the rule ONLY applies in the movement phase. It says, "flat out in the movement phase."

Let me put it this way.

In his shooting phase, he still moved flat out in in his movement phase.
    In his assault phase, he still moved flat out in his movement phase.
    In his opponents movement phase, he still moved flat out in his movement phase.
    In his opponents shooting phase, he still moved flat out in his movement phase.
    In his opponents assault phase, he still moved flat out in his movement phase.

So yes, you wouldn't be able to normally disembark from a transport that has moved flat out if it got wrecked. You'd probably have to use the emrgency disembarkment rules I think, but I don't have the BRB in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by synack View Post
    No where does it state that it the the rule ONLY applies in the movement phase. It says, "flat out in the movement phase."

Let me put it this way.

In his shooting phase, he still moved flat out in in his movement phase.
    In his assault phase, he still moved flat out in his movement phase.
    In his opponents movement phase, he still moved flat out in his movement phase.
    In his opponents shooting phase, he still moved flat out in his movement phase.
    In his opponents assault phase, he still moved flat out in his movement phase.

So yes, you wouldn't be able to normally disembark from a transport that has moved flat out if it got wrecked. You'd probably have to use the emrgency disembarkment rules I think, but I don't have the BRB in front of me.
    True, but he isn't ever disembarking. He would then be conducting an emergency disembark. Which - if we really want to play this game, settles it rather firmly.

The thing I dislike about this logic is that you don't disembark in any other phase. If for some reason the vehicle is wrecked and you can't disembark because of flat out (I'll give you this) you can still perform an emergency disembark which it does not forbid.
    Last edited by Bavius; 04-21-2010 at 12:56 AM.

Chapter-Master

True, but he isn't ever disembarking. He would then be conducting an emergency disembark. Which - if we really want to play this game, settles it rather firmly.
    Pwned.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

The thing I dislike about this logic is that you don't disembark in any other phase. If for some reason the vehicle is wrecked and you can't disembark because of flat out (I'll give you this) you can still perform an emergency disembark which it does not forbid.
    You can't voluntarilly disembark, but you can forced to disembark by wrecking the vechile. If the vechile hasn't moved flat out, then they would disembark normally. If it has, they have to use the emergency disembarkment rules, as I said.

Quote Originally Posted by synack View Post
    You can't voluntarilly disembark, but you can forced to disembark by wrecking the vechile. If the vechile hasn't moved flat out, then they would disembark normally. If it has, they have to use the emergency disembarkment rules, as I said.
    I'm agreeing with you.

I'm agreeing with you.
    Sorry, sounded like you weren't. My bad.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast