BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by sorienor View Post
    As a side note, none of this applies to Ork Trukks as the ramshackle table completely replaces all the rules in the BRB for vehicle destroyed/explodes results.
    Superior Ork technology for the win! Waaagh!
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Quote Originally Posted by mathhammer View Post
    Then I can hit it automatically in hand to hand and skimmers/bikes give up their cover save?

sorry the 18" move effect last till the start of that models turn. You can't turn it off selectively. And only rhinos and razorbacks have this issue as the stormraven has a special rule to disembark.
    No, none of what you said is true, both of those rules are worded differently than the prohibition against disembarkation.

pg 63 Under rolling to hit against vehicles.

Attacking a vehicle that moved at combat speed In it's previous turn. 4+
    Attacking a vehicle that moved at cruising speed In it's previous turn. 6+

pg 76, turbo boost USR

"... In the following enemy shooting phase, the bike benefits from a cover save of 3+ ..."

and finally Pg 70. Fast transport vehicles

"Passengers may not embark onto or disembark from a fast vehicle if it has moved or is going to move flat out in That movement phase."

So you move your fast rhino 18" finish your movement shoot do assaults
    its now enemys movement phase. They go about as normal
    Now they destroy your rhino that moved flat out, you now check if it moved flatout "THAT" movement phase.

Which i dont know about you, but i have an awfully hard time moving in my opponents movement phase.

Which i dont know about you, but i have an awfully hard time moving in my opponents movement phase.
    LOL i posted something similar earlier, but your Quote is much better You just made my day lol *high five my friend thats the quote of the day for me*

Chapter-Master

BRB pg 66: Models can only voluntarily embark or disembark in the Movement phase, and may not voluntarily both embark and disembark in the same player turn. However they may embark and then be forced to disembark if their transport is destroyed.
    From this, we clarify that any time a unit gets in or out of a vehicle, including if the vehicle is destroyed, the unit counts as embarking/disembarking. Thus, if a vehicle is destroyed (for any reason), the unit inside disembarks. Even if that disembarkation does not take place in the movement phase.

BRB pg 70: Passengers may not embark or disembark from a fast vehicle if it has moved (or is going to move) flat out in the movement phase.
    From this, it is clear that if a vehicle that moved flat out is destroyed, the models inside are not allowed to disembark, as getting out of a destroyed vehicle counts as disembarkation (even though it is not in the movement phase). This is very clearly stated in the first quote.

BRB pg 71:...so a skimmer that is immobilized immediately crashed and is destroyed (wrecked) if it moved flat out in its last turn.
    BRB pg 67: Destroyed-Wrecked: Any models that cannot disembark are destroyed.
    From the pg 71 quote, we establish that a skimmer that moved flat out and is subsequently immobilized suffers a Destroyed - wrecked result.

From the Destroyed - wrecked result, we establish the following; since no models are allowed to disembark, as very clearly established in the first two quotes, the entire unit is destroyed.

BRB pg 67: If any models cannot disembark because of enemies or because they would end up in impassable terrain, the unit can perform an emergency disembarkation... If even this disembarkation is impossible, they can't disembark.
    So emergency disembarkation only protects against enemies or impassable terrain blocking the exits, not against any other rule preventing disembarkation. Thus, it offers no protection whatsoever to a unit that is embarked inside a transport that moved flat out, because the action of moving flat out prevents disembarkation at any time regardless of the presence of enemies or impassable terrain.

Thus, it is absolutely crystal clear that a unit is destroyed if their fast skimmer is immobilized/destroyed after moving flat out.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

You are correct, if you ram a vehicle and wreck or go a skimmer that goes flat out and fail a difficult terrain everyone inside dies.

But thats only because thats happening in THAT movement phase.

Once your turn ends and your opponent has taken a movement phase it is no longer the movement phase in which the vehicle moved flatout, thus everyone inside cqan happily disembark on a wrecked result.

Chapter-Master

No, they still die. The rules are clearly laid out, and I can't see any wiggle room whatsoever.

A vehicle that moved flat out has still moved flat out during the opponent's turn. If that vehicle is destroyed, then the passengers are destroyed. Even if it is destroyed in the opponents turn.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Abbess Sanctorum

So that means if your opponent presents a very high risk of your transports being destroyed, you'd want them to move only twelve inches, yes?
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Quote:
    BRB pg 70: Passengers may not embark or disembark from a fast vehicle if it has moved (or is going to move) flat out in the movement phase.
    Is this the exact entry in the rulebook?

No, the exact entry is

BRB pg 70: Passengers may not embark or disembark from a fast vehicle if it has moved (or is going to move) flat out in THAT movement phase.

Which means unless you can move flat out in your opponents movement phase or wreck inside of your own your not killed.

Sorry dark link but you need to look at the stuff you quoted, it clearly contradicts what your point is ...

Abbess Sanctorum

Actually ashnaile's right...
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast