BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    That's the only thing that's really bothered me. Why the reboot? Why not a sequel? Hollywood just seems obsessed with reboots.
    Spider Man & FF Mark III here we come!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Spider Man & FF Mark III here we come!
    In the case of the FF, they need to erase the last couple of failure attempts.

And those seem to come from the pre-Disney Marvel mess. Not as much of an excuse as DC redoing Batman's story over and over, even more than Superman by now.

Chapter-Master

How many times do you need to see uncle Ben die?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chaplain

That's the only thing that's really bothered me. Why the reboot? Why not a sequel? Hollywood just seems obsessed with reboots.
    I think I read somewhere it so the public (in the movie) will go 'OMG, ghosts!' and not 'Oh no, ghosts again.'

Give us one last time, with Sean Bean as Uncle Ben.

Chapter-Master

No cause if Sean Bean is uncle Ben, then uncle Ben will survive as he dies as other actors. It'll bend the universe the other way entirely.

Or are you suggesting we could have a Yorkshire Spiderman reboot?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Until they get it right!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    In the case of the FF, they need to erase the last couple of failure attempts.

And those seem to come from the pre-Disney Marvel mess. Not as much of an excuse as DC redoing Batman's story over and over, even more than Superman by now.
    You can say that again... I love FF but that franchise has turned into a hot mess.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    it is all pettiness whichever one it is.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lol.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	18383
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lol.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	18383
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

So, people liked to hit on the number of dislikes the Ghostbusters trailer had and claim it was only about sexism, because there's no way people would have any other reason to dislike it, especially that much. (It's not like they took a classic movie people loved, came up with a reboot idea that even confused its own cast on whether it was a reboot or not, and loaded the trailer with low-end attempts at humor. Oh! Oh! Let's not forget one of the higher-ups came out and said "geek culture" is filled with "***holes.")

So, okay, fine, let's assume that all those dislikes are because of guys hating women.

Now, I guess we're going to say that a woman popping up in the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer is the reason for all of the dislikes there, right?

I've dropped the numbers below. CoD:IW's trailer already has more than twice as many dislikes as Ghostbusters' trailer... while having just over half the views. Not just that, but the percentages are insane. Of GB's views, only 2.46% are dislikes, while 9.90% of IW's views are dislikes. GB has 3.31 dislikes for each like. IW has 5.60 dislikes for every like.

Now, I can agree that some of the dislikes for the GB trailer were from guys just hating women being put in place of male characters (which the people making the film made sure was the one thing anyone knew about it before they even cast anyone or got the movie going). Yeah, there's genuine jerks. But it's just ridiculous that people acted so much like the only reason anything could get this level of anger or dislike was because of misogyny alone, that it couldn't be that a lot of people - still a rather small amount given how many people have seen the video - just disliked that they remade a loved movie in a way that tries to act like the original didn't happen (while the trailer references the original, so everyone's confused) and seems filled with modern terrible humor.

Just like IW isn't getting hate because you see a woman for two seconds. It's getting hate because Activision said it was giving people something they want finally (a remaster of CoD4:MW), but you have to buy a special edition of CoD:IW for $80 or more to get it. Also, probably annoyance at a new CoD every year.

In both cases, it might be a bit of overreaction. GB might just be mediocre and not a hot flaming pile of dog crap that has the unfortunate side effect of making Hollywood think the gender of the leads was the problem rather than the entire premise of the project. It'll still probably make a good bit of money, because somehow Adam Sandler is still making money, and even people who want to hate on it will go see it to confirm their anger. With CoD:IW, the game itself looks like it could be fun, and they'll almost certainly release MW remastered on its own down the line (once sales of IW's special edition start dying down).

But this is the Internet. People overreact. And right now, GB's trailer has been blown away by another trailer - albeit for a game and not a movie - in the number of dislikes, the percentage of views that are dislikes, and the ratio of dislikes:likes.

Ghostbusters
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw[/url]
    Views: 31,621,221
    Dislikes: 778,836

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeF3UTkCoxY[/url]
    Views: 17,450,628
    Dislikes: 1,728,907

(Just gonna say to make sure my position's clear on this... If you enjoy that type of humor and though Paul Blart, Pixels, etc. were masterpieces of cinema, fair to ya, entertainment is all about opinion and I can't tell you that you're "wrong." My own personal opinion is that all of those movies are mediocre at best, and it takes some real effort to step above the LCD of "comedy" and actually present something amusing and entertaining.)
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast