Maybe you could both try actually just saying something like "I don't think this trailer is good, so I won't be seeing it" or "have to say I didn't find that funny or interesting at all" than reacting to theoretical criticisms?

For instance in the off-topic thread Erik posted a negative view of the trailer and nobody cared.

Unless you're defending people making fun of this sort of thing:

One of the top “liked” comments, by a user named KS R, reads, “This looks awful. An all female cast was a big mistake.” A person with the handle Ali Ameri55 wrote, “Whose genius idea was it to remake a total guy movie with an all female cast? Good way to lose both audiences.” And a person named Derle Dixon simply stated, “Women ruin everything.”

In addition to those and more negative reactions on YouTube, there were hundreds more on Twitter. A user with the handle ‏@SpacePirate_JFT tweeted, “Every time I watch the actual Ghostbusters movie… the all-female remake makes me angrier and angrier.” About the cast, @LexVegasXray griped, “Fat woman, loud black woman and two other women. How about remaking Rambo with all women?” And a user named @Hamstachick expressed, “Really?! Chicks? Corny jokes?… It’s been ruined. Damn.”
In a recent Variety interview for his new comedy Spy, director Paul Feig was asked how he felt about the tiny man-babies who claim his all-female Ghostbusters reboot will retroactively ruin their childhood:

"The Internet is really funny – I love it, but I hate it at the same time […] The first wave when you make an announcement like that is overwhelmingly positive. Everyone’s so happy and you’re like, This is great. Then comes the second wave and you’re like, Oh my God. Some of the most vile, misogynistic sh** I’ve ever seen in my life."

Feig talked in particular about the “vicious” remarks he saw on Twitter, saying “The biggest thing I’ve heard for the last four months is, ‘Thanks for ruining my childhood.’ It’s going to be on my tombstone when I die. It’s so dramatic. Honestly, the only way I could ruin your childhood is if I got into a time machine and went back and made you an orphan.”

The director says that after receiving a particularly hateful tweet, he often checks out the offender’s profile: “I figure it’s some wacked out teenager. But almost constantly it’s someone whose bio says, ‘Proud father of two!’ And has some high end job. You’re raising children and yet you’re bashing me about putting women in my movie?”
Because if you're defending that sort of thing... yeah...