BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

My best friend's nickname for me is Pot and she nicknames herself Kettle. Different reasons, but... I don't really get bothered being called that.

To just pick one example above... There's no evidence of bots, and I asked for that. I got links to two articles where people think it "must" be bots, because clearly 2.5% of a video's views being dislikes - a whopping 97.5%, or OVER THIRTY-ONE MILLIONS VIEWS, not being dislikes - is a sign of "bots." Like the people who claimed it with CoD:IW. Now, it might be that word spread, "Let's dislike-bomb this video." But that's not "bots." That's a community of people choosing to dislike a video to show their displeasure. And while the numbers seem high, that's only because the video has a LOT of views. Again, it still pales in comparison to CoD:IW, which shows that the apparently huge sexism issue which is the "only" reason anyone can dislike something still is nothing next to a pissed off community of gamers (who, let's face it, will still give Activision the $80 for CoD:IW to get MW Remastered)... though clearly they're some kind of misogyny at play toward CoD:IW, which I guess is because they showed one female in the trailer for two seconds, and obviously those dislikes are really just from male gamers pissed off a female was shown.

If I'm going to make a claim, I'll back it. I won't "back" it with someone saying, "Well, we hear this is happening, but no one can prove it." It's like the idiots claiming, "We hear there's men going into the women's restroom taking photos of women in Target now. See how bad their policy is!" It's utter bollocks, there's nothing to prove the claim, but they'll challenge you to disprove it, which of course you can't, just like you can't disprove that HAARP is causing earthquakes.

And given that the discussion had already gotten to an offensive point, where someone refused to accept there could be any other reason to dislike the GB remake and claimed anyone who said they disliked it for any reason other than being sexist was being dishonest, which is funny because there are women out there who dislike it, but obviously those women just hate women and are misogynist. You can say you don't like the uneven effects. "No, you just hate women." Even Hemsworth looks bad. "You hate women." Why are they doing a complete remake rather than a new movie, and rubbing it in by including the surviving original cast in cameos? "You hate women." These jokes feel about as "funny" as Adam Sandler. "You hate women, and if you say you dislike any of those things for any reason other than you hate women, you're lying."

What's the point in continuing that kind of discussion? Even a lot of women out there apparently hate women, and are lying if they say otherwise. There's no reasonable discussion to be had.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Take the CGI. Many are whining 'but practical effects are bettererer', whilst neatly refusing to acknowledge that under the CGI are practical effects tarted up in post-production.
    Well, I acknowledge it, but it still looks dreadful to my eyes. Digital enhancement always looks terrible and makes things look overly slick and perfect. Worst offender for me being the 2011 The Thing movie as previously mentioned. That said, I don't really understand the hate the new GB movie is getting either, but I dont seem to have the attachment to the originals that a lot of the fans have as I never thought the originals were that great tbh.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    where someone refused to accept there could be any other reason to dislike the GB remake and claimed anyone who said they disliked it for any reason other than being sexist was being dishonest,
    York said that people dislike it for a variety of reasons, but to deny that large amounts of the vitriol is stemming from misogyny is dishonest. Unless you mean someone else ofc.

Also basically everyone here has said some variation of "doesn't look too great, but the original was cheesy as hell so I'll give it a go", so claiming we're all saying you must love it or die is, to use the current buzzword, dishonest.

Also it's worth noting on facebook the trailer has 12 million views and only 22k dislikes. Combine that with the fact that so few other remakes - which is to say none of them (and given the major studios realeased ~90% reboots, remakes or sequels last year is a lot) - have received the same % of downvotes as Ghostbusters has, and that Ghostbusters is the one that has all female leads, it gets kinda suspicious.

Chapter-Master

the original really wasnt that great, i watched it a few years ago and some of the jokes made me pretty uncomfortable, like when it's alluded to whatshisname getting a BJ from a ghost....wtf was with that?

I thought the best ghostbusters depiction was actually the Extreme one from the 90's.
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 05-19-2016 at 09:51 AM.
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Brother-Captain

I rather liked the bit that started off one of the trailers which was just the Ghostbuster's symbol on a subway wall. They should have left it at that less is more with trailers. I still don't think anyone posting here is necessarily the target audience for this film so it's unsurprising some aren't that keen.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    I rather liked the bit that started off one of the trailers which was just the Ghostbuster's symbol on a subway wall. They should have left it at that less is more with trailers. I still don't think anyone posting here is necessarily the target audience for this film so it's unsurprising some aren't that keen.
    Who knew a family film might not appeal to sad old single thirty somethings!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    Indeed, it's probably aimed at primarily trying to gain a new young audience, like most reboots. I'll probably watch it in a few years anyway, when all the internet opinions have died back and I can watch it more for what it is with no expectations or anyone trying to persuade me that it's great or terrible.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    the original really wasnt that great, i watched it a few years ago and some of the jokes made me pretty uncomfortable, like when it's alluded to whatshisname getting a BJ from a ghost....wtf was with that?

I thought the best ghostbusters depiction was actually the Extreme one from the 90's.
    I saw the person on the left first and for a moment I thought it was KISS does Ghostbusters
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

:P She was meant to be a goth which I really liked because I had someone to actually relate to. Not enough alt people in media, only other one I can think of is Abby from NCIS (who was a total rivethead <3 <3 <3 )

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Who knew a family film might not appeal to sad old single thirty somethings!
    I know amazing isn't it.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast