BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Immolator heavy Flamer template?

I've always wondered about the dual twin-linked heavy flamers on the Immolator model. The Codex entry states it has as Wargear: "Twin-linked heavy flamer, searchlight, smoke launchers." So it has one Twin-linked heavy flamer, but the model comes with two on the turret. So from which one do you use for placing the template? Is it either one... or is it both? Both would make it nasty by almost doubling the field of flame.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcloud6 View Post
    I've always wondered about the dual twin-linked heavy flamers on the Immolator model. The Codex entry states it has as Wargear: "Twin-linked heavy flamer, searchlight, smoke launchers." So it has one Twin-linked heavy flamer, but the model comes with two on the turret. So from which one do you use for placing the template? Is it either one... or is it both? Both would make it nasty by almost doubling the field of flame.
    Either one, or place the point of the template in-between the two flamer muzzles. You wouldn't ever get two templates, though - twin-linked means it has two weapons that fire as one, either giving you a re-roll to hit(regular weapons) or a re-roll to wound(template weapons). The model actually only has one "twin-linked" heavy flamer with two gun muzzles, not two heavy flamers.

*Edit*

Never mind - it's a quad-mounting, isn't it? Sorry, I thought it had a turret with a Hellhound-style double weapon mount.
    Last edited by Captain Bubonicus; 03-11-2016 at 01:02 PM.

Librarian

Back in the day when the immolator came out it caused twice as many wounds (twin linked versus model in 2nd was hit once wound twice) so it was far far more egregious a unit compared to now