10 Immortals 280

9 Scarabs D. Fields 144
    9 Scarabs D. Fields 144

12 warriors 216
    12 Warriors 216
    12 Warriors 216
    12 warriors 216

Total 2492.

Everything starts in reserve except Immortals and 2 lords all together. The rest of the army arrives via deepstrike or the Scarabs can turboboost on, your choice. The crons all arrive via mono portals. Immortals veil arround but with res orb, solar pulse and 2 warscythes, can stand up to most threats. WIld army, but A LOT of fun for those of you looking for something fun to try.

Hey Norbu the Destroyer; fantastic to hear that you've had a lot of success with the list!

These triple Monolith armies can be a hassle to deal with (much like the triple Landraiders armies), but at 2500pts a decent player will just focus on phasing you out. The gunline is back (thanks to the IG codex) and close combat is deadlier than ever, so I'm recommending all-Necron lists (or just shelving the army until the next codex comes out, lol) and using my Monoliths in Apocalypse and Planetstrike games.

Have you tried a list like this? You have to kill 63 Necrons to phase it out. That's rough.

HQ
    Lord (Resurrection Orb)
    Lord (Resurrection Orb)

TROOPS
    12 Warriors
    12 Warriors
    12 Warriors
    12 Warriors
    12 Warriors

FAST
    5 Destroyers
    5 Destroyers
    5 Destroyers

HEAVY
    3 Heavy Destroyers
    3 Heavy Destroyers

It's not optimal because it would be nice to be able to move around and grab objectives (so a Veil of Darkness would be nice). But you get the idea.

-- MKerr
    Check out my new Blog! --- http://www.ChainFist.com
    Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/40kNEWS

Brother-Captain

I like mkerr's a lot more, all it needs are Destroyer lords. Lots of dakka, a good amount of high S (not gonna be blowing away tons of Land Raiders, but it is the best Necrons can do).

The drop crons has no way of hurting armor beyond glancing or dropping S9 pie plates. Not exactly reliable. And deploying all your bots right in combat range, clustered up nice and good for templates is never a good idea. And no, 24 bolter shots is not "t3h ub4r"

I dunno...Norbu's list looks fun. That Destroyer heavy list of mkerr's looks awfullly static. If you use the Destroyers to Turbo-boost you'll be leap frogging or giving up your heaviest shooting altogether... objective missions will be hell.

Besides with 5th Edition LOS rules you don't necessarily expose the Warriors to templates on the turn they disembark. Just turn the Monolith to shield them. No LOS... no shooting for you.

Brother-Captain

So they deploy behind the Mono, out of shooting range to do...what exactly? What happens against a mobile army that can get those templates flying from all over the place? Or fast combat troops for that matter.

This army will stomp all over crappy lists, which is what Necrons are apparently built to do, but it doesn't dish out enough hurt or have the staying power to contend with a halfway decent army run by somebody with a modicum of intelligence.

agree with Mkeer here going with a lot more destoryers is the way to go. You can do monoliths but its going to depend on what objectives you are playing.

best thing for a 3 monoith list is setting up in a corner and castling but what are you going to accomplish by doing that? Not much..... besides maybe tie or loose as you are too slow to go out and grab objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbalaya View Post
    So they deploy behind the Mono, out of shooting range to do...what exactly?
    Space out and shoot at the time and place of your choosing. Perhaps just stay alive and hold an objective. Might be to shoot up a weaker unit on the other side of the Monolith and defeat the enemy in detail. Point is, with a Phalanx of Warriors and a Lord (or two) with Res Orbs you're horribly static and vulnerable to exactly those same fast assaulter troops and templates.

With the Monolith you can Teleport up to 18" per turn with zero chance of Deep Strike scatter... oh and that will let you re-roll WBB to boot. AND you can fire the Gauss Flux Arc while doing so. Choices man... you get choices instead of "Let's march toward the enemy in a big block of guys".

Brother-Captain

Hooray for gauss bolters? Those don't do anything lol

Battle-Brother

I saw someone play a list like this at hard boyz and all it did was make his opponents get ties. This list cant win at best it can get the lowest sort of victory in any setting. Turtling in a corner is not really a viable strategy.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I saw someone play a list like this at hard boyz and all it did was make his opponents get ties. This list cant win at best it can get the lowest sort of victory in any setting. Turtling in a corner is not really a viable strategy.
    No wai man, they're so l33t! Nothing destroys quite like S4 AP5 gauss en masse! Who needs high S when you can glance Land Raiders to death?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast