BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Because it's worth a shot....

How do?

What do Space Hulk, Dreadfleet, Execution Force, Betrayal at Calth and Deathwatch Overkill all have in common?

Nope. Not a trick question. Simply, they're all GW stand alone boardgames (barring Calth, which we're repeatedly told is the opening gambit of plastic Heresy). And having played three of the five, seemingly all jolly good fun, and an interesting alternative to arranging a game - the sort of thing you can dig out and play in no time should a gamer friend drop round - to put it very Englishly, if 40k and AoS are Beer and Pretzels, these games are Tea and Biscuits (not offering a house guest tea and biscuits remains a hanging offence).

And yes, I will be getting the other two just as soon as finances allow (stupid bills).

You see, it's got me thinking about what else could be explored in this interesting fashion. And that thought lead to another and so on, until I diverged entirely and began considering the word 'Marmoset', who came up with it and why.

But I'll wind back that through process and spare you the deeper recesses of the midden I'm reliably informed is in fact a mind.

In short, I want to see Eldar Exodites Vs Orky Wildboyz.

They're both former parts of the game (although Exodites were never very well defined, and if memory serves never received a model kit) which still lurk in the darker corners of the background, gathering brain-dust. To me this makes good sense.

Eldar Exodites traditionally ride Dinosaur type lizard things into battle, and so to keep their Maiden World free of interlopers.

Wildboyz are the first type of Ork Boy to emerge from the process of Orkiforming a planet (invasion defeated, spores spores spores, slowly the Orkoids gather numbers, with Wildboyz being the first sign of a critical mass that needs to be dealt with pronto). They're pretty much Warhammer Orcs (or Orruks if you're hip and down with the kids). Very few ranged weapons, but utterly hatstand when it comes to a fight.

Exodites are few in number, Wildboyz are well, they're Orks, so the opposite of few in number. Have the game be based around the Exodites trying to keep the Wildboyz in check - all the time they can fight them and suppress them at that level, the Orky problem remains relatively manageable - it'll be war unending of course, but in a way far preferable to war unending featuring Gargants and that.

Orkses get a long missing unit (and include Boarboyz. Why not. They're ace!) and Exodites get the foundation of a new Codex force.

And why the thread title? Just on the off chance people at GW read the occasional BoLS thread, and the even smaller off chance they don't spent their time here tittering at nonsense.

Pretty please. Pretty please with a cherry on top? Or a skull if you prefer?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

So.... Eldar riding dinosaurs vs Orks riding wild boar? With a bit of sci-fi tech thrown in to make it 40k. That does sound awesome...
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

And Orkses on footses. They're not all smart/'ard enough to tame a Boar (and by tame we of course mean repeatedly headbutt).

But let's make the Boars a Squig species. Makes more sense when you think about it.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

I'd like to see either of those forces in an Expansion pack for Deathwatch:Overkill, a few new Deathwatch Marines, one with a flamer to counter the Feral Orks perhaps, while not the same idea, you still get to sell Space Marines, so might be more appealing to GW, who'd balk at the idea of a 40K box without some form of Astartes in there! (which I am totally on board with as they sell very well)

A new set of tiles, a new set of missions and then is Kill Team vs Xenos all over again

Ork wildboyz already exist. They're just in Age of Sigmar. So those models are taken care of (and then some)

Personally, the Exodites have never really interested me, dinosaurs or not. I think probably because I've never really been interested in dinosaurs. They're just lizards, I don't get the big deal. Lizards don't have tentacles or carapace, or chitin, or mandibles, or nematocysts, or any of the things that make the invertebrate kingdom endlessly fascinating. They're just mammals with leather for skin.

Honestly, Wildboyz vs Exodites sounds like a standalone WHFB game, not a 40K one, and of all the Xenos they could do, this one interests me the absolute least.

Now, a game where the Deffwotch (an Ork Kommando unit modelling themselves on the Deathwatch) decide to infiltrate Commoragh and have to fight hordes of Wracks and Grotesques? Where the Dark Eldar get a massive variety of surgical upgrades, and the Deffwotch get strategy cards like teleskopik legs, face-eater squigs, and cranial bombs?

That's a Xenos game I'd buy.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Nah. Exodites v Wildboyz, because Wildboyz is da best!

Chapter-Master

I'd like to see standalone games that pit :

Necrons vs Enslavers

Sisters vs Hrud

Cabal vs chaos xenos

so, not asking for much
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Nah. Exodites v Wildboyz, because Wildboyz is da best!
    Only if you buy both expansions :P

Now you're just being silly!

One game. I'm right, you're wrong, end of

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    I think probably because I've never really been interested in dinosaurs. They're just birds, I don't get the big deal.
    Fixed that for you.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast