BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Now now Msytery don't let facts get in the way of Internet torch waving.

I'm getting one it's actually a remake of the first space marine, awesome, pose, gun and everything. The only question is whether or not I get a squad and FWs old school Land Raider so I can recreate the vignette for the RT rule book. Or more accurately if I can get it and the wife not find out.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Chapter-Master

does look pretty cool
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

And, plastic, I assume?

Reckon I can stretch to the £100, but perversely not on 40k stuff.

Skellington Horde box, Pestilens book, Pestilens novel, leaves by my reckoning....£15. Chuck in some new brushes and I'm pretty much there.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Heck, I might order one just for display reasons.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

is it April 16th? there are a few direct only things I could perhaps order from GW, like basilisks. maybe some khorne bloodbound

I believe it is indeed April 16.

Godbeasts should be out by then as well? That and the three new Bloodbound character models should get you very near the £100.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

haven't bought any of the books yet, not that interested at the moment.

Ah fair enough

Well, the "it's free if you drop this significantly higher chunk of change" line doesn't really help people. Some folks might not have that much money on hand, and that part of the promo is mainly to try to get revenue to flow directly through GW stores rather than FLGS's. I *might* get the Marine, but I'll have to drop $30 if I do, because I'd rather direct my other money to the FLGS that is going to provide me a better place to play games in general, lets me play multiple systems, and keeps a small business owner going (especially one who's been managing or owning a store for about 30 years himself). He deserves that ~$150 more than GW does, even if I just spend it on GW product.

And right now, I can't see that much in GW product I want. I'd have to get the Pestilens book, Pestilens SC! box, and the GA: Order book, all in one go... but while I could use the SC! box, if I'm dropping around $80-$90 on gaming stuff, I think I want to grab Dungeon Saga or a couple of other board games, stuff I'm more likely to use. Can't think of anything 40K to buy, because at this point trying to get most of my armies to the point I'm not getting curb-stomped to a depressing degree would take a lot of money. (That's the problem with building an army to match the fluff, or using models you like, or don't buy all the new hotness... you end up with an army that can't compete, and every match becomes a life-draining hours-long event where the result is inevitable. But that's a whole other issue.)

Brother-Captain

?
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast