BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    ?
    If that's in response to me, I was rambling on my own plans on how I might go about getting one of these guys. And also not enthused with how people portray things, but... eh.

Somewhat related but maybe not, I've got a pair of old models that look like those old Marines, but they've got molded "bases" on them, rather than a slot to put in a base, and there's some very minor differences. They say "AA1990" on the bottom, from what I can make out. I wonder if they're GW, or someone else did something similar around the time, and who it might be. One's carrying a gun that looks more like a basic rifle and kind of pointing, the other looks like a Chaplain (skull mask, holding up a rosarius) IIRC. Might be able to do a photo of them when I get home, but does anyone know of something like this?

Chapter-Master

yeah I'll be having at least one.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Have to say, as much as I think $30 for single models in normal cases is pretty stupid (and it's more obvious how stupid it is when you release a box of three packaged together at about half price), I don't think the $30 price tag is a huge issue here, since it's a limited edition model and rare items tend to have a bit of a premium baked into the price. You're not paying for the model so much as you are paying for the rarity. It's like a Limited Edition codex or rulebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Have to say, as much as I think $30 for single models in normal cases is pretty stupid (and it's more obvious how stupid it is when you release a box of three packaged together at about half price), I don't think the $30 price tag is a huge issue here, since it's a limited edition model and rare items tend to have a bit of a premium baked into the price. You're not paying for the model so much as you are paying for the rarity. It's like a Limited Edition codex or rulebook.
    I hope I can get a decent number of them for my players. :/

Brother-Sergeant

Erik I think those are from Alternative Armies who tried to cash in on the Space Marine popularity back in the early-mid 90s. I had some of those myself. They were pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    If that's in response to me, I was rambling on my own plans on how I might go about getting one of these guys. And also not enthused with how people portray things, but... eh.

Somewhat related but maybe not, I've got a pair of old models that look like those old Marines, but they've got molded "bases" on them, rather than a slot to put in a base, and there's some very minor differences. They say "AA1990" on the bottom, from what I can make out. I wonder if they're GW, or someone else did something similar around the time, and who it might be. One's carrying a gun that looks more like a basic rifle and kind of pointing, the other looks like a Chaplain (skull mask, holding up a rosarius) IIRC. Might be able to do a photo of them when I get home, but does anyone know of something like this?
    There is no time for peace... Only...eternal...WAR...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf of Winter View Post
    Erik I think those are from Alternative Armies who tried to cash in on the Space Marine popularity back in the early-mid 90s. I had some of those myself. They were pretty cool!
    Looks like that's it! Thanks!

Ugh, only two for my shop. Gonna have some disappointed players. :/

So is there any confirmation as to whether you do get this free if you spend £100?

I need to know, because it's the difference between Assassination Force, and Deathwatch,

NVM - Confirmed via local manager.

Deathwatch Overkill it is, then!

OOOOH....and I need to get Ninja Chris a birthday pressie.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 04-13-2016 at 11:37 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    Cost £18 or free if you spend £100 in store on the 16th.
    I did something kind of stupid this week... I'd dozed off on the way home, missed my stop on the bus, got off down by the GW store. Stopped in, figured I'd just nab the Order GA book for AoS since the FLGS didn't have it. And some paints, because hey, I was rebasing some Nurgle and Skaven (Pestilens) to use as a combined force, and needed to make sure I had the paints. Then I also figured heck, might as well grab the Pestilens SC! box while I was at it, to have the big kits I didn't already have (and some new Plague Monks to put on round bases, because I'm not rebasing all my plastics or mixing round and square bases if possible). Came up to a bit over $150. If I'd just waited a few days, I'd be able to qualify for the free Marine and save $30... but I wouldn't have had a bunch of models that are now assembled ready to paint and play games with.

D'oh.

Sad thing is, I'd bet the old manager would have given me credit for making the purchase anyway. That the new guy would try to squeeze another $150 out of me the same week I already dropped that amount is one reason I avoid the shop these days.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234