BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gets Hot!

Default Gets Hot!

When firing a Plasma Weapon and rolling a 1 to-hit triggering the "Gets Hot!" rule, would a Space Marine get a saving throw or no? Weapon is AP 2, so I imagine there would be no save. Is this correct, or would you still get a normal armor save?

Battle-Brother

I believe they get an armor save. Page 31 of the mini Rulebook that comes with the starter says the following:

"For each result of a 1 rolled on its to hit rolls the firing model suffers a wound (normal saves apply)"

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Enemy5 View Post
    When firing a Plasma Weapon and rolling a 1 to-hit triggering the "Gets Hot!" rule, would a Space Marine get a saving throw or no? Weapon is AP 2, so I imagine there would be no save. Is this correct, or would you still get a normal armor save?
    Yes it would.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    Yes it would.
    Heh, that made me chuckle a little. Reminds me of a quote from lucky number slevin. Great movie btw. You never quite know what's going on until after the fact, but in this case that's a good thing.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

Yeah, they would get an armor save as the plasma gun isn't hitting the model with a plasma bolt; the cooling system fails and it jets out scalding steam or whatever that burns the model.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by RampageRabbit View Post
    I believe they get an armor save. Page 31 of the mini Rulebook that comes with the starter says the following:

"For each result of a 1 rolled on its to hit rolls the firing model suffers a wound (normal saves apply)"
    So could you get a cover save? Fluff wise, the gun is in his hand so I would say no, but it is a normal save. I haven't found anything BRB-wise that expands on these normal saves. To me, a normal save would be one that uses the weapon's profile vs the model's armor.

Having said all that, I am sick of having my Skull Champion melt into a puddle of goo on a 1, so I would like to see something concrete that backs up the use of his armor save.

Initiate

That's it, it just says takes a wound, it doesn't say takes a wound from a S7 AP2 weapon. It's like perils or dangerous terrain, except those explicitly disallow certain types of saves.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lykum View Post
    so I would like to see something concrete that backs up the use of his armor save.
    As stated in the second post of this thread... pg 31 BRB, "(normal saves apply)"

It has always been that the model takes a savable wound.

You get your armour save and if you have it, you get FnP too.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by synack View Post
    You get your armour save and if you have it, you get FnP too.
    You also add a bonus if you are mounted on a steed as well as getting to use your Ward save.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast