BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default GW rerelease Lost Patrol

Games Workshop is releasing a new version of the 2000 classic Lost Patrol with updated components and rules. It arrives in stores on June 17.

The new game is a two-player game with one side taking on the roles of Space Marine Scouts hunted by the other player controlling a group of fearsome alien Genestealers. Played out on a dynamic, tile-based board, the squad of Marines must navigate a jungle that moves and changes as they travel the board. The game has updated rules from the original 2000 game and is just as fast-paced as the original, playing in about 30 minutes.

Game Workshop's announcement of the new game makes it clear there are a few small differences from the original, designed by Jake Thornton (DreadBall, Mars Attacks: The Miniatures Game, Deadzone). The new version includes 5 Space Marine Scouts, 12 Genestealers, 6 Infestations, 30 Map tiles, 3 Dice, and the rules. The figures are unpainted and assembly may be required. MSRP is $60.00.

From here :
    [url]http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/33971/lost-patrol-returns[/url]
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

2000? I don't remember that at all
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Brother-Captain

Neither do I. Which is surprising as I tend to be bit of a "know it all" when it comes to these things 😊
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Chapter-Master

I don't remember it either. Modelwise it sounds pretty boring and uninteresting to me, but maybe the game is good (the guy that wrote it has a good record)

Before I read the article the name made me think of a bunch of heavily battle damaged marines fighting against some unknown/unamed xenos in some equally unknown corner of the galaxy. I kinda want to do that now..
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Brother-Captain

Seems pretty inexpensive. Probably not aimed at more established hobbyists.

Chapter-Master

Yeah, $60 is cheap for a modern GW boxed game. Maybe it's another attempt to get stuff in toy stores and stuff like they want to do with that other stuff we've seen.

I have a dim recollection of it being on the shelves, and I'm sure there was a second game in a similar theme.

In short they were modern equivalents of the Trolls games - simple sets for kids to get gaming with.

I don't recall playing it, or indeed selling any.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Never heard of this, checked over on Jake's blog (he's a good games designer, shame he's thrown his lot in with a garbage company that squander his rules) says it was a limited release minigame (he's also got an FAQ and some extra rules for Scout Snipers for this game)

Don't think he'll have had much to say on this remake though

Chapter-Master

weird, I was buying every white dwarf at the time, seem to have missed it as does everyone else. scouts vs lictor would be more interesting.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Brother-Captain

I remember things like Ultramarines, Mighty warriors and Kerunch which were stripped down versions of the main systems. May be they're trying somthing similar?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast