BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Faultie View Post
    So, a 5-man IST squad is like a 50-pt upgrade to make Valks/Vendettas scoring, right?

I'm not wrong that an IST could be in a Valk, am I?
    -Andrew
    I think so yes. Not a bad tactic, it's like how you stick min-sized Dire avengers in falcons for end game objective rush. (or FW in piranhas for the same tactic).

It is a laid back hobby concerning with painting, modeling and relaxing with friend over beers for a few hours.
    I know, it's interesting how different the British approach to gaming is that the American way. It's like we can't just unclench and relax with a game, as soon as there's somebody across the table from you it's all, "HULK SMASH".

Didn't mean to derail the conversation though.

Battle-Brother

Back to the original question: Yes, troops in a vehicle are still scoring and measure from the vehicle's hull to see if they are in range to hold an objective. As for the "just how close to an objective IS a Valkyrie/Vendetta, the only truly fair response is that all measurements are from the footprint of the actual model projected down onto the playing surface. A simpler acceptable method is to use the base.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12