BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default blood angel vindicator rule change

Has anyone else notice that the rules for the blood angel vindicator show it to be a ordanace weapon, but makes no mention of it being blast. This would significantly change the value of the vindincator demolisher cannon. And before you say that all ordinace wpn have blast reread the rules as not all due; example the IG hell strike is the same way. the only real difference here is all other publication show it to be a blast wpn. could this be just a misprint ?
    Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. Armed Forces don't have that problem. R Regan

I would play it as a normal Demolisher Cannon unless an FAQ comes out and changes it, since it doesn't say anywhere else in the codex that it's different from a regular Demo Cannon. I'm pretty sure if they were going to change something that drastic, it would be explained in the codex why (because of the OCE for example), but there is no explanation so I'll be playing it as a misprint.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Majorcrash View Post
    Has anyone else notice that the rules for the blood angel vindicator show it to be a ordanace weapon, but makes no mention of it being blast. This would significantly change the value of the vindincator demolisher cannon. And before you say that all ordinace wpn have blast reread the rules as not all due; example the IG hell strike is the same way. the only real difference here is all other publication show it to be a blast wpn. could this be just a misprint ?
    Until there is an Errata, it has no blast.

I would discuss this with your opponent before hand. This seems like an obvious typo, but, no one knows for sure if it is a change or not.

If you played me, I would allow you to house rule it and give it a blast.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    Until there is an Errata, it has no blast.

I would discuss this with your opponent before hand. This seems like an obvious typo, but, no one knows for sure if it is a change or not.

If you played me, I would allow you to house rule it and give it a blast.
    Ditto.

Brother-Captain

I can see it as being the drawback for having it now mounted in a fast vehicle. As it is written without blast in both places (final page listing and the weapon entry) that it is not a misprint, but a direct change to offset the new abilities of the BA tanks.

John M.

To be fair, assuming it isn't a misprint, it's not so much a downgrade as a sidegrade. It's still S10 AP2 ordnance, and now it hits on a 3+ instead of hitting on a 5+ plus whatever the odds are of having a meaningless scatter. Which would make it worse for engaging infantry, but better (because it's more accurate) for engaging single targets.

Chaplain

Um, the demolisher is missing barrage not blast. And all ordnance weapons use the large blast unless told otherwise. The BA vindi loses the ability to fire indirect by not being having barrage.

Makes sense, BA are a fast moving chapter with no time to warn the enemy with preparatory artillery fire.
    Last edited by hisdudeness; 04-24-2010 at 07:01 PM.

Brother-Captain

Yeah, I finally got the time to sit with my books. BRB p 58 rule listing states "Unless their profile specifies otherwise, all ordnanace blast weapons use the large blast marker." That is the rule for "Ordnance Weapons" The next entry is "Ordnance Barrage" so the BA Vindicator falls under the regular "Ordnance Weapon" entry.

It was nagging at me, so I went to check now that I'm down for the night.
    Last edited by lobster-overlord; 04-24-2010 at 07:08 PM.

no,

The rule on BRB pg 58 is for the older codexs that said

Ordnance blast

And it made sure that those use the 5" template.

The BA weapon is an Ordnance weapon just like the missiles (Valkyrie:Hellstrike) in the IG army. No template, just a straight shot with the toys.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by mathhammer View Post
    no,

The rule on BRB pg 58 is for the older codexs that said

Ordnance blast

And it made sure that those use the 5" template.

The BA weapon is an Ordnance weapon just like the missiles (Valkyrie:Hellstrike) in the IG army. No template, just a straight shot with the toys.
    HUH? I am pretty sure that the page (and quoted rule) lobster-overlord posted are the rules for ordnance weapons. It does say ‘all’ unless stated otherwise. I just checked the BA codex and I do not see anything changing the ordnance weapons for them.

I do not understand where you get the idea that it is only a clause for old codices. If a specific codex has something different that army must follow those rules.

<EDIT> Just looked at the Space wolves codex and they do not have barrage on the Demolisher either. Same with IG. It would seem the 'misprint' is in the C:SM not other codices.

<EDIT 2> Seems barage is only in the back summary list, but not the vehicle entry page for C:SM.
    Last edited by hisdudeness; 04-24-2010 at 08:18 PM.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast