BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

I just checked the IG FAQ, and it has the question about Valk templates, and they are listed as "non-blast" ordnance, so GW has specified that there is a third class, although the BRB does not differentiate very well,

Thus there are
    -Ordnance (Shots-- for lack of a better term) only IG and BA thus far.
    -Ordnance Blast
    -Ordnance Barrage

As the FAQ for IG does address non-blast weapons, I guess we can see that issue is addressed and taken care of. BA lose the Blast and/or barrage for their vindicators in the new codex. It makes them less killy for infantry, but still quite effective against other tanks.

John M.

Chaplain

I don't see where BA would lose the template.

<EDIT> I'm lost now. Why state that all Ordnance weapons are large blast and list large blast in entry and if it is a non-blast weapon remove 'large blast'? As in why list the normal state and remove it for the exception? Instead of just add non-blast if it is a non-blast Ord weapon?
    Last edited by hisdudeness; 04-24-2010 at 08:32 PM.

Brother-Captain

I do now, based on the IG FAQ. The hellstrike is listed like the BA demolisher, as no reference to "blast" or "barrage" is made, and IG has ruled in the FAQ that for the hellstrike, there is no template for this particular ordnance shot. So their default does now specificlally indicate that it will need to state "blast" in the stat line and the default is "Large blast" unless it states otherwise--for those that say blast or barrage only.

The IG book sets new precedent that I wasn't aware of until checking it about an hour ago, that states there are non-blast ordnance if the stat line doesn't specify "blast" in it.

It's just something new we're going to have to deal with. I don't like it either, but seeing how it is now written, I see that it doesn't get the template.

JohN M.

Chaplain

I agree, <<I believe only the Wolves and Dark Angels get a large blast.>> corrected below

How is it handled when the summery says one thing and the unit page says another? I assume that the unit page trumps everything else.
    Last edited by hisdudeness; 04-24-2010 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hisdudeness View Post
    I agree, I believe only the Wolves get a large blast.
    Why? Most other Demolisher Cannons are listed as Ordnance Blast, are they not?
    How is it handled when the summery says one thing and the unit page says another? I assume that the unit page trumps everything else.
    The Unit entry is considered to be the rules, the summary is just a summary. If there is a discrepancy, then the Unit entry takes precedence. However, I can't think of any remaining discrepancies on the Demolisher Cannon. The space Marine codex has been errata'd to be an Ordnance Blast weapon.

Chaplain

How did I miss the last errata in the list? This does make BA different.

But I still learned about the way Ord weapons are listed, which just seems counter intuitive to me.

Brother-Captain

Knowing that the C:SM has been errata'd (i like that spellling btw) to show Ord Blast, why then wouldn't they have corrected that prior to the publication of the C:BA?

unless the BA book has been sitting in a warehouse for the better part of a year already printed, thus requiring the Errata too.

JohN m.

Occuli Imperator

Is it just me or does this seem oddly familiar to the arjac thunderhammer?
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

<EDIT> I'm lost now. Why state that all Ordnance weapons are large blast
    They don't. Re-check your rulebook: it states that all ordnance blast weapons are large blast. In other words, unless specifically stated, there are no ordnance small blast weapons.

Chaplain

We talked about this just yesterday and we came to the conclusion that someone hasn't checked what they've been copying and pasting. The unit entry for SM has the demo cannon as ord 1, whereas in the back it says ord 1, barrage. We think they've copyed and pasted from the first one for the BA codex and hadnt realised that it was the incorrect version. I'm guessing for SW they just re-wrote it, which is why it's ord1, large blast. In short we decided its a mistake.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast