BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Soup, most kinds but preferably chicken broth; white chocolate; haribo tangfastics; sour cream 'n' onion pringles; vanilla fudge; mini pork pies; eccles cakes. Basically stuff I can eat the whole packet of without realising it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Badrukk View Post
    Blackberry crumble (with apple, pear, or other as desired, but it has to have blackerries). Thick crumble topping made we with brown sugar, cooked so it goes all soft a gooey at the bottom. Serve fresh and warm with custard straight from the fridge.
    Also home-msde fruit pie and icecream.
    Also any icecream.
    Crumble is good- raspberry and apple crumble with white choc chunks in the topping is also an excellent crumble... Blackberry and apple is a long term fav
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

I'm torn between Apple Pie and Apple Crumble.

Pie goes well with cream or ice cream, Crumble better with custard.

Just gonna have to make both!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Personally prefer crumble. With either cream or custard (cream soaks into the crumble topping and that is a good combo ).
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Need to have a crack at both, and get my food faster over to try it!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

As a direct result of this thread i made blackberry crumble for wife and guests tonight. T'was very well recieved.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Banned

Gott's Pasta Carbonara:

5 eggs
    75g Parmesan (Parmigiano-Reggiano) cheese
    100ml double cream
    Mushrooms, prosciutto, bacon, capsicums (bell peppers)
    Additional cheese for garnish

Separate the yolks of the eggs and place them in a bowl. The whites are not needed so can be used for another recipe (such as a meringue for desert).
    Grate the Parmesan and add to the yolks. It is important to grate it as finely as possible, a powdery consistency is best.
    Add in the cream and stir thoroughly - this is your sauce mixture.

Set pasta to boil, and begin cooking any meats or vegetables that will be added to the pasta. My personal preference is to fry up some prosciutto and bacon, then cook diced mushroom in the oil from the meat (though I don't eat it myself as I am not a food weirdo). Additionally I dice some red and green capsicums to put in uncooked.

Once the pasta is ready drain the water from the pot but leave the pasta inside. As soon as the water is drained add the sauce mixture and stir thoroughly for one minute. The heat from the pasta and pot will cook the sauce through.
    Add in the meat and vegetables, continuing to stir until mixed evenly, then serve. Add cracked pepper and an additional garnish of cheese to taste.

Makes four portions.

Note: This meal can easily be made vegetarian or to accommodate a mix of dietary requirements simply by keeping the meat and/or vegetables separate until the pasta has been portioned out.

Is very yum

Chapter-Master

I make the same carbonara, though not with mushrooms as they are the devil's food.

otherwise chocolate is indeed the answer. either in bar form, or on biscuits, or cookies.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Angel's Delight, anyone? Butterscotch or Strawberry, personally. Or Ben 'n' Jerry's, especially Phish Food. Definitely agree in Crumble > Pie, if the Crumble topping has a bit of bite to it, but is soft on the bottom and absorbed the fruit juices a bit. Also quite partial to some good ol' fashioned cake 'n' hot custard.

Can't beat a good steak pie and mash, either.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

I like Ben and Jerry's. Not a fan of crumble, like its nice and all but pales into insignificance next to a finale constructed sweet pie crust.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

On a side note, this thread is going to make my diet so much more difficult. :P
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast