BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Angel's Delight, anyone? Butterscotch or Strawberry, personally. Or Ben 'n' Jerry's, especially Phish Food. Definitely agree in Crumble > Pie, if the Crumble topping has a bit of bite to it, but is soft on the bottom and absorbed the fruit juices a bit. Also quite partial to some good ol' fashioned cake 'n' hot custard.

Can't beat a good steak pie and mash, either.
    Butterscotch Angel Delight, with chilled and sliced Mars Bar mixed in.

Oh yes.

Still torn between Crumble and Pie. There's definitely merits to both - but a deep filled apple pie is a thing of absolutely exquisteness.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Butterscotch Angel Delight, with chilled and sliced Mars Bar mixed in.

Oh yes.

Still torn between Crumble and Pie. There's definitely merits to both - but a deep filled apple pie is a thing of absolutely exquisteness.
    I do love pie, but a properly-done Crumble is a treat itself, nevermind the fruit as well. I'll have to try your Butterscotch and Mars Bar recipe some time.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Ohh pasta, hadn't thought about pasta- I'm very partial to pesto pasta with spuds, sweetcorn, onions and chicken/smoked salmon added in. Also a good bolognese.

Also a good sponge cake, with simple water-icing on top and greengage jam + buttercream in the middle.

Also also, syrup steamed pudding. And syrup tarts.

Damn now I'm making myself hungry....
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Brother-Captain

Rhubarb crumble. Suet pudding, savoury or sweet, it's all good. Cheese, though it is one of the primary food groups, especially if it's cooked.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Cheese, especially cheddar, does probably constitute far too much of my diet... but it is damn good stuff...
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Ooh, I eat so much cheese I didn't even think of it as a comfort food. Definitely adding cheese to the list. Also oysters.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Also oysters.
    food weirdo

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Ooh, I eat so much cheese I didn't even think of it as a comfort food. Definitely adding cheese to the list. Also oysters.
    Local pub is doing a 'Wizard's Banquet' in honour of Sir Terry Pratchett's Birthday at the end of April....and my suggestion, seeing as the Unseen University is famed for the breadth of it's cheeseboard, is that every attendee, as part of the entry price, brings a cheese with them.

I'll be procuring mine from [url=http://www.fromageandfrench.com/french-cheese-range-and-deli]here[/url]
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

That is a very good idea for a banquet and I am going to steal it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    food weirdo
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

They did a charidee dinner earlier in the year, Game of Thrones themed.

Was ace! £30 a head, and more food than you can shake a stick at. All profits went to a charity Sir Pratchett was patron of. Can't remember exactly which one.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast